Cato 2/18

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tedman

Reaction score
Anybody here going to the Cato launch on the 18th I no that i am.

hey look all the responses i got i already knew about

CATO 2/16 will take place in Sterling.

I would strongly encourage the following:

1. 4WD or AWD

2. Bring a change of shoes (ther will be mud)

3. Bring small parachutes (lots of wind)

4. If you need motors, let me know and I will bring them from Hangar 11.

5. Do not drink lots of coffee as there will not be sanitary facilities.

What if we dont have the chance to get a new car between now and saturday??:D lol
but really will it be a big problem with a camry?

The road may be a bit of a challenge (Think surface of the moon). I just recommend a vehicle that stands a good chance. If it looks like you will get stuck, we advise you stop at the top of the field and hike the last 15o yards to the launch point.

Can we park on the street and simply walk all the way to the launch site?

Actually there is a little spot off the road where you can park. Remember this is an HPR launch and you will need to hike in 1,500'. Kind of a drag at the end of a long day. However we are not gonna tell you no...

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket

4. If you need motors, let me know and I will bring them from Hangar 11.

I'd like some F40-4s and G64-7s

Please watch our website after 8PM tonight. We may be forced to move the launch to Sunday.

It will take place this weekend, It is just a one in four chance we may decide to leverage the extra overnight freeze on Saturday night to make sure we have good access.

Al

I have, upon discussion with several CATO flyers decided to postpone tomorrow's launch until Sunday.

Here is the rationale

1. It's supposed to be kind of windy. Not bad but enough to cause conxcern
2. We can leverage the gut wrenching arctic cold on Saturday night to make sure we have a good surface to drive on.
3. Saturday is supposed to be cloudy & Sunday is supposed to be clear.

I apologize for the late notice however those of you who know Sterling, can appreciate how finnicky it is.

See you Sunday!

Al

Al, you think you can scavenge me up an F21-8 or -6 for tomorow? I just need one.
Thanks

Ok folks we are gonna do this

You won't need the 4wd, you will need a freaking coat.

It is gonna be cooooooold out there. Please try to get there before noon as if interest wanes we are gonna pack up and go thaw out

Flight plans

Nike Apache - I357T
Ring Thing - G67R
Viper 4 - (grudge match) D12-5(4)
Big Daddy - F12
Sumo - G79W

It was by far the best launch I've ever been to, aside from my whole body being numb, lol.

Thanks Al your the best. You gave up luanching anything to help us jr. level one the h97 was awesome.

Thanks a lot. Good launch, despite the shock cord seperation problem on my rocket.

Is there anybody out there that got any pictures of the luanch?

Back