Full Fleet picture gallary

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outasight13

Reaction score
this is an idea I had for a place where people can post pics of their entire fleet. LPR, MPR, and HPR rockets are welcome.
I'll start

outasight 13- Did you sand airfoils into you Paveway? All three fins?? or did you just leave them, and seal the end? I'm gonna start mine next week hopefully, and I was wondering how you did yours. Thanks

Teenrocketnerd, no I did not sand the edges to an airfoil nor seal the balsa. The fins are fairly thin so i thought drag would tbe an issue. I also didn't fill or seal the fins with anything, just paint (not even primer). The reason it wasn't finished well was that i built this rocket before i learned about finishing. Now, i airfoil all my fins and seal and fill them. I also prime rockets now, lol.
I've flown it once on a C6-5, gets pretty high and flies very straight. It's a good rocket. Here's a bad pic of it on a C6-5.

Built rockets for my kids for Christmas - Alpha and Alpha III.

Here was my fleet as of last year - since then, I've lost the small red rocket (on an F21 :D) and I've built several more (a Big Bertha, a Quest Navaho AGM, and Estes Bullpup, a scratch 4" BBX, and a small endeavor). Soon I may have to haul out the whole fleet and get a more recent pic :D

I've got nearly 350 rockets in my fleet now. Kinda hard to get them all in one picture.... :(

This is a typical set-up for a day of flying... here you can see most of our current fleet.

I consider them all to be works of art. You can rest assured that they have all flown, some more than others.

Here it is, all except the Big Dawg have been built. There are a couple more not pictured, Quest Intruder, Thrustline Hank and an Estes Fat Boy. There has been one lost as well.

Finally got time away from family to get the fleet out for a pic!

This is all that is built - I still have a SS1, and duplicates of the Eagle and Renegade in bags.

Attached is a the small pic. A bigger pic can be had here: The BIG picture!

Pat

nice pic, and nice rockets! what does the tabby cat fly on? You really outdid yourself on that build, That must have been a pain texturing a body tube like that! :D

LOL - He flies best on a D engine, but man, is it tough getting the motor in there! :p :D

could probly use a "plugged" engine... don't cats always land on their feet? :D:D

I can see ejection gas puffing out throught the poor cat's ears! don't singe his whiskers!! :D

Well, here's mine, plus one rocket breaking dog.

He's the one that bent the tube in my Custom Redliner last fall.

60 rockets, plus 8 that are in various stages of paint and/or repair.

Three things I can't get enough of:

Flying Rockets
Building Rockets
Pictures of Rockets

Great pic's guys!

Cheers, Bruce

Great lookin' rocket West shore! Many way-cool rockets in there! I like how the rockets are spread out in the pic - mine were not!

But geez, you didn't have to move ALL the furniture out just to take a pic! LOL

Didn't, actually. We just installed the rug 2 weeks ago, and where that picture is, happens to be right next to the bird cage, which is just out of the frame to the left. We were going to move a desk to there, but we decided to refinish it first.

Helpful hint to all: if you want a new rug, PAY SOMEONE to install it for you. God, my legs still hurt from the kicker, and its been 2 weeks.

Originally posted by outasight13
this is an idea I had for a place where people can post pics of their entire fleet. LPR, MPR, and HPR rockets are welcome.
I'll start

What scale is the patriot in this pic? And what engine does it use? Nice collection BTW...:D

I'll post a pic of my puny fleet when I can find a decent place to take the pic.

In outasights pic that is a 1/4 patriot he has luanched it once on an h128 but it has a 38mm mount capable of flights with j's

Yup, it's a PML 1/4 Patriot. I got my Junior L1 with it a month ago on an H128. Here's a pic of it going up.
and here's
the (rather long) build thread about it.

I gotta stop going to HL and start ordering off the net and get out of this odd Estes thing I have going on. :)

all righty then, here's my fleet, well most of it. hope you like it.. cause i sure like seeing everyone elses..

Originally posted by metalwizard
all righty then, here's my fleet, well most of it. hope you like it.. cause i sure like seeing everyone elses..

This is off topic, but I just have to ask. :)

Metalwizard, have you ever flown your Shrox Star Shuttle, and if so, how did it perform. I built one a couple of years ago but never finished painting it. I also never flew it because it's very heavy for it's size, and the glider seemed like it might fly like brick. :)

I would post a photo of my fleet, but it's comprised of 40 or so rockets strewn all over my basement. :)

yes i flew it once two or so years ago, with a d12, it barely got off the pad, very slow, did a left turn, stabalized and went way out that way, so it was hard to see. but it looked like the shuttle fell outta the sky like a brick with wings... stable, but a 'glide' ratio of about 1 to 1 . i recoverd both the booster and glider about 10 feet apart. thats why it sits on my shelf. it looks really nice. it dose fly, but not well enough to wanna risk breaking it to fly again. if i wanna fly a boost glider that works, i'll fly my orbital transport (with d mount) and get an awsome glide. it will glide for several minutes if the wind is right.

i do have a new glider project on my table. i found an estes sweet vee in a dusty corner of an old hobby shop. bought it for $70. cant wait to fly it..if you dont knoe, its an estes glider that boosts on an E9P and glides back by remote controll...

Metal Wizard,
I like the Mercury Redstone with the tree branch growing out of the top!:D

Back