Almost a 3fnc

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kullas

Reaction score
Here is another rocket i built out of just about all scrap. i was shocked when i put it on the scale and it weighed 2g. maybe i can keep up with it :)

Picture 074.jpg

Here is another rocket i built out of just about all scrap. i was shocked when i put it on the scale and it weighed 2g. maybe i can keep up with it :)

Kullas:
have you swing tested this model? I'd be sure to do so before launching it, it looks to be pretty squatty for those fins to handle. What diameter is the main tube T3 or T4?

2grams isn't bad. Many minimum diameter and Shorty models in the fleet are in that weight range and lighter. Generally speaking any Micro model in the .1 to 3.5gram empty weight range are great, very high flyers. Sometimes TOO Good! meaning they're GONE at ignition never to be seen again. I've flown almost a dozen Nano-Dot's now with as many as 30 other people watching... I've yet to get one back:(

As most of the MMX-II motors average about 1.1grams that should give you a LOWt of about 3.1grams and a pretty nice flight if the model is stable.

Be sure to swing test any model that you've never flown before. These little models as SO darn quick if they go ape they could be very hard to avoid.
I use a 12foot long piece of 13lb kevlar thread as a swing string. This is thin and light enough to give very good results with micro models. Strong carpet thread could also work.
Hope this helps.

MM 216a4-sm_a-f Taper&Doubletaper PD's_8-30-04.jpg

MM 217e2-sm_Custom fibreglass Venus 1 & 2 models_04-09-05.jpg

Latest posts

Back