Pyramid Rocketry 9 Inch Pyramid

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaneKG

Reaction score
I purchased the 9 Inch Pyramid on-line from Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack and got excellent service. This is a very unique kit having a pyramid shape with parachute recovery. It flies on F and G motors.

I have pictures of the construction at https://sears572.com/gallery/9inchpyramid

The instructions are well done. I only got into problems where I did not follow them. The kit comes with a poster board sheet that is pre-cut. When folded and glued forms the shell for the pyramid. I had plywood in my mind, but the kit comes with laser cut balsa. There are eight balsa triangles that are paired to form the four sides of the pyramid. They require a 45 degree bevel and I did not trial fit them in the shell like the instructions said and when I put them in the shell there were some gaps. So I put some balsa dust in the gap and worked in white glue. The rest went smoothly and was a real pleasure to construct. I used epoxy clay to fill the excess space around the hole drilled for the launch lug. There are BBs supplied for nose weight.

The rocket uses rear chute deployment. A kevlar shock cord connects a large chute to the body of the pyramid and it is wrapped around the motor mount. The motor mount has a small chute and recovers separately.

The completed rocket is very sturdy. I have a F25-4 and a G40-4 on order for this rocket. I plan to fly it at the SEARS December 10th launch in Samson, AL. If you want to do something different consider this kit. If the flight goes as expected this rocket is worth the price.

I plan to write this up for EMRR after the flight.

Thanks,

Greg

The Pyramid delivered a great flight on a G40-4.

pyramid.jpg

Greg

Back