Blast from the Past: Website down

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centuriguy

Reaction score
I noticed that Mike Jerauld's BFTPR website at

https://www.blastfromthepastrocketry.com

has been down for at least a month. Has anybody here seen or talked to Mike lately, and have an idea of what's going on? I called him once this past summer, and he was up to his eyeballs with running his Boy Scout troop.

Cheers,

--Jay Goemmer
"Centuri Guy"
Twin Falls, Idaho

The site's server has since gone down about 3-4 weeks ago. Not only was Mike's website brought down but DART and Tripoli of San Diego, including Plaster Blaster's site were affected and dropped as well. Plaster and DART are now back online however its just a matter of time before the rest are up and running.

You can contact Mike at: [email protected]

As stated on the DART Rocketry website. https://dartrocketry.com

Hope this helps.

Dear Philip,

Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure if Mike's e-mail address was still working, or not, so I appreciate the confirmation, as well as the "behind the scenes" insight.

Cheers, and good luck, :D

--Jay

Not a problem Jay, glad I could help!

Mike's e-mail above is working as he sent me some mail a few days ago.

-Take care

Jay,

Sorry about the lateness of this post, but I've just read your question. Mike is still around, alive and kicking, and busy doing a lot of work with our local clubs, as well as his family, his job, his house renovations, his scout troop, and running scout launches. Every time I see him, I ask about the status of his "company" and he smiles, chuckles a little (if you've ever met him you know his chuckle), and says that it's still on hold. He's working on a few new designs and ideas, but he doesn't have the space for it, nor the time, for the most part.

WW

Dear WW,

Originally posted by wwattles
Mike is still around, alive and kicking, and busy doing a lot of work with our local clubs, as well as his family, his job, his house renovations, his scout troop, and running scout launches.
When I called him last summer, he sounded like he was "up to his eyebrows," so I didn't even bother asking him if he had time for anything else (BFTPR). :D ;)

Every time I see him, I ask about the status of his "company" and he smiles, chuckles a little (if you've ever met him you know his chuckle), and says that it's still on hold. He's working on a few new designs and ideas, but he doesn't have the space for it, nor the time, for the most part.
Yes, I can hear that chuckle in my head right now. :D Mike's a great guy, and I'm glad that he's doing well (he'll be getting a Christmas card/letter from me shortly). I understand the "Too Many Hats" scenario all too well, since I had to step down from a few personal responsibilities earlier this year, so I could do "Something *Completely* Different." :D

Thanks for the post, regardless of the apparent delay! ;)

Cheers, and good luck,

--Jay

I asked Mike about the rocketry business this morning at our club launch, and he said that he may or may not even be able to get it back up and running. When he had BFTPR before, he was working as a stay-at-home dad, and could devote a lot of time to kitting, selling, shipping, etc. Now that he has a more conventional work-at-work job, he doesn't have time to do the BFTPR stuff anymore. He said he'd like to do some limited runs this year, but right now that's not even a definite plan, more like a "wish list in a perfect world" item.

WW

Back