micromaxx-boosters ??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben

Reaction score
I am not a micromaxx expert but I was curious if it is possible to get/make/modify a micromaxx motor into a booster?? I am planning to make a small 1:500 scale Saturn V and have it run on 4 micromaxx motors with a 13mm center :D :D

thanx, Ben

You mean a booster for a 2-stage? It is possible, but there will still be a 1-second delay and ignition is not too reliable. To do this, scrape out the clay from the top of the motor. Be sure not to scrape out any ejection charge. It is better to leave clay than to remove the charge. I even did one with the whole clay cap and it was fine.

so all I have to do is scrape 1/16" or less off the top and put a motor above this one and will automatically turn into a booster??

thanx, Ben

this is in violation of the NAR safety code, modifying a motor. scraping the clay out of the top is modifying a motor. this configuration wouldnt be able to be flown at a sanctioned launch;)

:( :( and that is wrong right :p :p :rolleyes: well I could launch it for fun then and maybe get by at an NAR launch.

thanx, Ben

Back