New Saturn Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Looks like a new series of Saturn V kits will soon be released in Japan. Even though they're non-flying models, they still look pretty cool.

EDIT: Apparently, these are paper models.

tvc01m.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a new series of Saturn V kits will soon be released in Japan. Even though they're non-flying models, they still look pretty cool.

EDIT: Apparently, these are paper models.

Those are paper? :eyepop:

Holy cow!

-Kevin

3 digits BEFORE the decimal place, for the one with the launch pad/tower bro...
Some of the smaller models aren't bad, but there are some available for free here in the U.S. from fans that I would consider first...
Here's one place to start...

https://jleslie48.com/

'll see if I can find more, I have a few friends in this arena of modeling ;)

Eric:)

Just had a fun Skype chat with one of my Danish Pals, Lars Folmann.
He's got his website up still... but at a new a nw addy form when I last logged on.

https://www.classicpaperspacemodels.dk/download.htm

He's going to be doing some commercial works, but at only about $3-4 American...

Also, there's a guy who goes by the name SURFDUKE. I remember his first name is Carl. I havn't talked to him awhile, but he did some really talented work with launch pads/platforms
I know they should be available on the Yahoo Space Paper Models Group.
I havn't seen anything from Carl since he made those, but they were so cool... I have a phrase... 'Spend it all on the muse!'
He spent almost every bit of love and talent he had creating them. So, even if they're in someone's opinion aren't perfect, they're a serious work of love and admiraion for the Space Program.
There's lots of artists out there, just like that. ;)
Most, if not all of the stuff is availabe for free, so before you spend 3 bills on something that you don't/won't kow what to do with...
For the price of cardstock, and a cheap printer, start with a few freebies, which cost less than these, than move up to the pros!

Just my :2:, of course..
and of course, if 'I' had 3 bills to toss around, I'd be ordering these models in a heartbeat! ;)

Has anyone built the paper Saturn V launch tower or crawlers available on eBay? They are available in scales ranging from the 1/70 Apogee to Estes 1/100.

Just had a fun Skype chat with one of my Danish Pals, Lars Folmann.
He's got his website up still... but at a new a nw addy form when I last logged on.

https://www.classicpaperspacemodels.dk/download.htm

He's going to be doing some commercial works, but at only about $3-4 American...
Is it my imagination, Eric, or has Lars added a new model or two?

Also, there's a guy who goes by the name SURFDUKE. I remember his first name is Carl. I havn't talked to him awhile, but he did some really talented work with launch pads/platforms
I know they should be available on the Yahoo Space Paper Models Group.
I havn't seen anything from Carl since he made those, but they were so cool... I have a phrase... 'Spend it all on the muse!'
He spent almost every bit of love and talent he had creating them. So, even if they're in someone's opinion aren't perfect, they're a serious work of love and admiraion for the Space Program.
There's lots of artists out there, just like that. ;)
Most, if not all of the stuff is availabe for free, so before you spend 3 bills on something that you don't/won't kow what to do with...
For the price of cardstock, and a cheap printer, start with a few freebies, which cost less than these, than move up to the pros!

Just my :2:, of course..
and of course, if 'I' had 3 bills to toss around, I'd be ordering these models in a heartbeat! ;)

Delta7 and Fiddler's Green are the only two (American) sites that I know of that charge for their card model designs. But they both appear to give you a lot for the money. And both also provide at least a couple of designs that can be downloaded for free. I'm sure that there are more sites that charge, but since I always searched for free designs, I never actively researched them. Judging from the number of websites that I found when I did my last search a few years ago, cardmodeling is really big in Europe (especially in the eastern portion) and in Japan!

MarkII

I think Lars added the Lander, and the Saturn C-8? model a year or slightly more ago. I dunno, we always chit-chat about the world, and other things, not so much focused on modeling. :)

Regarding the 2nd part of our post:

YO! Definitely! Even Having lived in Norway, (North Western Euorpe), and seeing the ridiculous prices for plastic models, and 'trying' to find the finishing supplies is one of the great factors that turned me onto being a card modeler. ;)
Card modeling isn't really an American thing yet, but it's growing. I know a few upcoming folks breaking in. There aren't as yet very many American independents' with their own sites, or free downloads... but that's growing! (I'm proud to say I've been one of them)

Fiddlers Green ..
https://www.fiddlersgreen.net/
has a bunch of American artists doing things for F.G. They're main thing is easy build card models, and they have freebies.

Anyone interested in this genre of modeling, really needs to check out the card model sites, one of which; probably one of the best...
https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/
It's a free spirited independent site. Almost anything goes... Lots of info, free models, tips, tutorials...etc
That's getting a little off subject though, which is those gorgeous Japanese paper models! :) (drool!) :D

I like the idea of card modelling:) I would like to build a scale LUT to go with my Saturn V:) I am a little imtimidated by the looks of the project though :) Have you guys seen a product of this type that a new person could build?
Cheers
fred

Thanks Eric you are of course quite good at this stuff:) Have you ever seen a 1 100 scale LUT?
Cheers
fred

You're welcome:)

...Not off the top of my head, but I'll look around. I haven't had an all night model collecting party in a while. ;)

Depending on the layout, and resolution, one of the smaller ones may be able to be blown up some. Alot of artists, including me, like to use 300dpi, which can often be scaled up around 400%, and still look decent- if you can recalculate the parts layouts/pieces...

You're welcome:)

...Not off the top of my head, but I'll look around. I haven't had an all night model collecting party in a while. ;)

Depending on the layout, and resolution, one of the smaller ones may be able to be blown up some. Alot of artists, including me, like to use 300dpi, which can often be scaled up around 400%, and still look decent- if you can recalculate the parts layouts/pieces...

I will check it out and thanks again eric:)
Cheers
fred

This is the only other source for an LTU I came across. He's got them in various sizes for Estes, Revell, and other model/model rocket kits.

https://educraftdiversions.org/

They're sold through E-BAY... A little better price than the Japanese versions, BUT you get the actual prints, whereas the Japanese version send you all the data on a DVD, and you print your own. Pluses-minuses for each, depending on how good your printer works, and how much you might screw up a model like this. In my experiece, something like this has a 95% or more probability that you will mistake somewhere... ;)

I can't afford either at the moment... :(

Thanks again and if you're going through a rough time now best of luck:)
Cheers
fred

Back