2nd Annual TRF Secret Santa!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1dermon

Reaction score
well, since last years TRF secret santa was so much fun, and we had such a great number of participants, i've decided to bring it back for a second year! since we're nearing november and christmas is a mere 2 months down the road, i've decided to start taking names. last year i think we started a week or two into november, which seemed to work well, however, some people missed out who would've liked to participate, and so, i've started it up early so that everyone has a good chance to get in on the action.

for those new members who werent here last year or didnt participate, the basic rules are, when you sign up, you're entered into a pool of names, on a specific date, which will be probably close to the end of november-ish, your name will be drawn, along with everyone elses, you will be matched with someone and someone will be matched with you, but you will not know who is buying you your gift until you open it, or it is posted online. anything and everything rocketry related can be a present, and you dont have to spend more than 10 bucks if you dont want to. its just a fun way to share the christmas spirit with everyone here on TRF.

SO with that said, i will begin taking names as of right now. drop me an email [email protected] entitled secret santa. be sure to include your name, mailing address(where you'd like the present shipped), and your TRF id. thanks guys, lets see if we can get the same kind of turnout as last year.

PS. last year there was some confusion in regards to my pick...etc...this year my brother will assist me with the drawing, so i will have no idea who got me. last year was the first year, so i was still learning how to put it together, but i hope we can get this off without a hitch. now hurry up and sign up!!!

I think we need to add part time elve to his tag.

r1dermon
total rocket schmuck
Part time elve ;)

Count me in, are you going to post a list of names for us to see before you close it off so we can make sure we are on there before it's too late?

Jerry Beaucaire

I'm in again as well!

It was really fun last year reading all the posts and how some people just could not wait until Christmas to open their gift.

Jim, will you be doing like last year and shipping what we purchase to the person we have if we give you their name?

...Fudd

R1dermon,

Are we going to do the "wish list" thing again like last time so people don't get what they already have? They can also give their secret santa a few ideas as to what to get. I think that worked really well.

If so, do you want us to include those with our name and address in our email to you, and you can pass along the info, or would you rather us just post what we want in this thread.

Thanks!

...Fudd

I'm In. missed out last year. This will be is kewl:)
Hummmm!!
What will I send? oh yea Rocket stuff of course

:D

BAR
John

if you'd like, you can include a wish list with the email, sorry i forgot to state that. if you've already sent me an email, just send another one if you'd like to include a wish list, and dont forget to tell me in the email that you've already sent me an email. if you havent sent an email, just include the wishlist in the email with your addy and everything else...thanks a lot for reminding me.

jim flis was huge last year with this thing, might i just throw a little encouragement to everyone participating to think of the vendors on the TRF site, these guys put their heart and souls into the hobby, i've seen jims dedication at the CMASS launches, he's a great guy with a great company which turns out great products. him and all the rest of the vendors here on TRF should seriously be considered. ok, i've said my piece, have fun and dont forget to sign up!!!

replies have been sent to all the emails i have recieved.

on a side note, lets get more UK participation this year! last year i think we had 3 or 4, this year lets get a few more!

Originally posted by Fuddrucker

Jim, will you be doing like last year and shipping what we purchase to the person we have if we give you their name?

...Fudd

I can certainly do that. When ordering, there is a field for comments, just state SECRET SANTA and the address of the person it is going to.

jim

This was great fun last year! Glad to see that someone (more specifically, YOU) are organizing this again.

Of *course* I'm in. :D

Back