help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. ITAR is a US Federal law that prohibits US citizens from transferring goods or information to foreign entities that may be related to a technology that could be used against the US. Interpretation of ITAR regulations is surprisingly broad. Intent of either party is not required for prosecution.

Doesn't that make a sizable chunk of Wikipedia illegal?

Anyway, it seems rather silly bringing it up here considering that China invented BP and was using it in rockets hundreds and hundreds of years before the US was founded. Not to mention Quest BP motors are currently made in China...

Phil

Doesn't that make a sizable chunk of Wikipedia illegal?

Anyway, it seems rather silly bringing it up here considering that China invented BP and was using it in rockets hundreds and hundreds of years before the US was founded. Not to mention Quest BP motors are currently made in China...

Phil

He was not asking about BP motors he was asking about a O2 and LPG (liquid propane gas)

Thus part of the question on the use. If it's educational and he wants drawings along the likes of what Estes publishes in their instructions and educational materials, I don'd see a problem.

Anything that isn't already readily available? That should be avoided.

Only "published" information is exempt from ITAR. Posting on the web, including Wikapedia, is not considered by the Feds as publishing.

-John

He was not asking about BP motors he was asking about a O2 and LPG (liquid propane gas)

Ah... I only see stuff about BP in this thread, but I recall seeing soemthing about O2/LPG in another.

Phil

Only "published" information is exempt from ITAR. Posting on the web, including Wikapedia, is not considered by the Feds as publishing.

What he said. If it's propulsion related can't be found in (e.g.) Sutton or an AIAA paper, it's illegal to share. (Processing methods for solid propellants, for example.) It may seem stupid, but that's the way ITAR is.

When I was at JPL, we were working on an experiment that was to ride on an ESA rover. Even mundane details like the diameter of the experiment, our power budget, and our thermal budget were considered "restricted". It made work very frustrating.

You think of me as the person who steal American technology? ?
Or the terrorists? ? ?
Model rockets in China, playing too few people ...

Or the terrorists? ? ?

No, it is none of those, it is just a matter of US regulations that those of us in the US must abide by.

-Kevin

Or the terrorists? ? ?

Not at all! If anything, I am tremendously in favor of ITAR reform. We need that very much. But at the moment, to maintain job prospects and keep from being fined and/or arrested, we are stuck from providing you technology-specific information. If you have general questions (e.g., ideal rocket equations for thrust or performance), those are fair game.

:D:D:DI have been so!!
4849_1265674423wn3w.jpg

haha.......

青岛? 当我们也许有我们的政府时的问题谈论的一些推进力问题,有许多在这里谁会是愉快劝告您他们喜爱的成人饮料的。 :)

Tsingtao?

While we may have problems with our government in discussing some propulsion questions, there are many here who would be happy to advise you on their favorite adult beverages. :)

Here ya go
I apologize; what you quoted to me is not shown anywhere else in the thread, and so I was completely unaware of it. Perhaps the moderator deleted it. ck101 should be advised that in the hobby of model rocketry we do not design or launch liquid-fueled rockets. Therefore The Rocketry Forum is not the correct place to ask this particular question.

MarkII

I bet no one expected the MMX forum to be so controversial!
We MicroMaxxers are a feisty bunch. :p :D When you fly itty-bitty rockets on teeny-tiny motors, you have to be tough. ;)

MarkII

Last edited:
Aha !

Its a nefarious ploy:

LPG and O2 powered Micromax ICBM's,
way too small for NORAD to detect....
:roll:

To clear me? ?????
My English is not very good
Forgive me for once! !
Administrator! ! ! ! !!!!
The level of English language learning failed! !
I rather regret it!!

You're doing better than most of the rednecks here could do in your place...

Keep up the good work ck!!!

Later! OL JR :)

PS. some of you guys give rednecks a bad name... :dark:

Back