E9-6 Long burn

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Fisher

Reaction score
This is a scratch build I built a little while back, but just got around to painting. I built this rocket to fly on the Estes E9-6 long burn black powder motor to fly fast & high! To help achieve this goal I built it with 3 fins that are swept back & even painted it with 3 of the lightest colors: yellow, white & orange. It matches the Quest parachute perfectly. It will fly the weekend of 10-22/23 at S.L.R.A.'s Midwest Rocketry Festival.

Looks kind of like an Estes Sizzler or Bandito. That thing'll rip.

Great job and good luck!

You'll love the E9 in that size rocket! But talk to it sweetly before the launch...it has a higher that avereage probability of loss :)

Originally posted by marvSRG
Looks kind of like an Estes Sizzler or Bandito. That thing'll rip.

Great job and good luck!

The Estes Bandito was the inspiration.

Originally posted by rstaff3
You'll love the E9 in that size rocket! But talk to it sweetly before the launch...it has a higher that avereage probability of loss :)

I'll be launching her in a huge farm field so I hope to get her back.

Originally posted by Rob Fisher
I'll be launching her in a huge farm field so I hope to get her back.

Yeah, but you painted it like candy corn so a cow might eat it. Take rstaff's advice and talk to it nicely!:D

Originally posted by rokitflite
Yeah, but you painted it like candy corn so a cow might eat it. Take rstaff's advice and talk to it nicely!:D

Ha, Ha-LOL it does look like a piece of candy corn!:D
Well it is around Halloween-time.:rolleyes:

More likely that the ducks will try and eat it. don't know if you've ever seen it Rob but over the one levy is a field the farmer keeps flooded this time of year for waterfowl hunting. If it lands in ther I hope you brought a change of clothes:)

Latest posts

Back