A picture I dug up...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Attached is a terrible picture of myself and the business end of a Atlas taken at CCAFS earlier this summer. The engine is a Russian-built RD180. It is a LOX/Kerosine engine with two nozzles.

Yep! First russian design in a US rocket ever, or in very long time, right?

I think the new Atlas V series is great....didn't the III use the first RD-180?

Still, when that engine was implemented, I felt Atlas' lost their "old school" feel. Then when the verniers were eliminated with the V, that really did it. Still some awesome rockets.

That's awesome, though. Great shot...you're lucky!

I believe this is the launch of the Atlas w/the Russian engines.

March launch.

My son and I were lucky enough to be there that day. It was great.

-Cool picture, Ozzy. I'd love to see some of that stuff close up.:)

Originally posted by Ozymandias
Attached is a terrible picture of myself and the business end of a Atlas taken at CCAFS earlier this summer. The engine is a Russian-built RD180. It is a LOX/Kerosine engine with two nozzles.

Cool pic! But you might want to move a little farther away before they launch it! ;)

Originally posted by Ozymandias

Nice photo! Atlas is my favorite scale subject. Got any hidden treasure troves of good pictures of the exterior details of this bird (grin)???

Back