A very nice result

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garnaralf

Reaction score
I had a problem this weekend.

I launched an Estes Cosmic Cobra with a B6-4 engine.

It lawn darted because there was little or no ejection charge. I was quite mad, because this was fast becoming one of my favorite rockets.

I called Estes (I love free long distance) to complain.

I spoke to a girl named Christine. She has a real... nice... voice.

After about 10 minutes, with quite a few laughs in it, not only am I getting a new Cosmic Cobra, but a pack of replacement engines as well.

Will take about 2 weeks, but I'm happy about it.

This is one of the reasons I buy alot of Estes products.

~Bob

I've heard alot of good things about Estes customer service, and Christine in particular. If I'm not mistaken, she's the one that Sandman told us all to request when we call...he must like her voice too...lol

Glad to hear that all was set right! I've never had to call them (there was one time I should have, but was unaware that was an option), but it feels good knowing they are there when you need them.

I had two D12's blow out the nozzles in my Viper III. I e-mailed Estes and got a reply from Christine asking for photos and more info which Isent to her. The next day she e-mailed to say she was glad that there was no damage to my model and that she was sending me a new pack of motors. Great customer service. If there is a next time, given the above info, I guess I should call next time instead of e-mailing. Huh?

Tazz

Years ago I had an Astrocam CATO when the engine blew straight through the clay ejection cap.

They sent me a new rocket and motors, as well.

Update:

Got two packages from Estes this week.

First one was Monday. In it was a Gemini DC. I had forgotten that I had left Estes an email about the really lousy balsa wood it had in it.

Second was Wensday. In it was the Cosmic Cobra, and an entire pack of B6-4 engines.

I am quite happy with this now.

Whatever else you can say about Estes, they have a great Customer Service Department.

And they're getting a very nice letter from me.

~Bob
(who, for some reason, always calls the Cosmic Cobra the CLOUS Cobra. Must have played WAYYY too much Battletech.)

Back