P's at Airfest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Kremer

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I almost forgot the P I flew.

Nothing like having a rocket that weighs more than I do break Mach:)

Awesome flight Clay! I love color on the bottom end in that last photo.

Beautiful pics. How much power was in that one? I had to leave before it flew, unfortunately (we left right after the Wildman project went up), but it looks like you had a great flight. What was the altitude?

Total impulse was about 48,500 ns in a seven motor cluster (central 4" and six 3"). Altitude was 14,900, max acceleration 11.9 G and max speed Mach 1.07.

Clay:

Congrats on the flight. Boy I wish I could of been there this time maybe next time. Gotta love the shots. Just one question what is the deal with the scafolding. I wanted to see the pics of you again hanging off the pad arming the electronics. Can't wait to see the next version of it. You build it I have your ground support.

Nice job, Clay!

AirFest was a new experience for me -- going to a launch like that and actually ignoring M motors, and larger.

It's a shame, too, as you and many others brought some fantastic rockets out!

-Kevin

Kevin,

You guys just need to come back and "relax" and fly normal sized rockets. ;) 'course only rocket I flew was my L3. Still waiting for photos, BTW.

One more thing, did any of your crew take a camera to the pool on Saturday?

--Lance.

Back