Quantcast
Estes Price Increase

BuyRocketMotors.com Giveaway!

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    Laurel, MD
    Posts
    1,066

    Estes Price Increase

    While at our warehouse today, the guy who processes our orders informed me that all of the Estes prices have gone up. It happens every year but damn, I wish they would skip it just once!
    -Scott

    NAR# 32070

  2. #2
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    Lakeland FL
    Posts
    313
    Off hand, what are the new retails for like C6s, D12s, and E9s? Last time I checked I saw like $10.29 retail for Cs, ouch!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    Fullerton, Ca.
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by rokitflite View Post
    While at our warehouse today, the guy who processes our orders informed me that all of the Estes prices have gone up. It happens every year but damn, I wish they would skip it just once!
    In this economy, with all the pay raise freezes and lay-offs. Disposable income is becoming obsolete, and they want to raise prices? Typical corporate buy out.
    NAR L2 #84021
    Member SCRA #430

  4. #4
    Join Date
    18th January 2009
    Location
    Laurel, MD
    Posts
    1,066
    I have no clue what the increases are yet. They are usually like 5% or so. What I'm worried about now that I see some of the new kits we got in, is wether or not Estes is getting rid of plastic nose cones altogether! The Super Maxi XL Turbo Ninja Neon (or whatever the heck its called) is a BT-60 model and has a balsa version of the Red Max nose cone on it. I mean, its a great looking cone, but darnit I put in enough time filling balsa cones in the 70s and 80s.
    -Scott

    NAR# 32070

  5. #5
    Join Date
    5th February 2010
    Location
    Burtonsville, MD
    Posts
    27
    Yea i dont understand this ether you would think that they would keep the prices the same or even lower to keep their income coming in. It seems lke everyone is doin the same. I know our plumbing company we are keeping our prices the same to keep our customers happy even though gas prices are higher.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3,579
    Quote Originally Posted by rokitflite View Post
    I have no clue what the increases are yet. They are usually like 5% or so. What I'm worried about now that I see some of the new kits we got in, is wether or not Estes is getting rid of plastic nose cones altogether! The Super Maxi XL Turbo Ninja Neon (or whatever the heck its called) is a BT-60 model and has a balsa version of the Red Max nose cone on it. I mean, its a great looking cone, but darnit I put in enough time filling balsa cones in the 70s and 80s.
    have you looked at the prices listed on the Estes website and compared them to your current price list? I think they are the new higher prices for late 2009/2010.

    if not, then they have raised them once in late 2009 and again in early 2010.

  7. #7
    What did Estes Customer Service say when you called them?

    There is only one thing that is impossible for a Vorlon to understand - How to change the IRQ setting on any DOS computer.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    19th January 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3,579
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalRockets View Post
    What did Estes Customer Service say when you called them?

    Calling them would not help me compare the prices the original poster was told were the "new" prices to the prices I think are the "new" prices that just showed up on the Estes website in the last few weeks.

    Let's try 6 examples. I'll post the website prices and you tell me what you've been told are the new prices and then we can compare.

    A8-3 3 pack $

    C6-5 3 pack $10.29

    D12-5 3 pack $15.29

    E9-4 3 pack $21.29

    Blast Off Flight Pack $63.29

    Big Bertha kit $22.99

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •