TRA Raffle?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Remember a while back when there was that raffle where it was $10 a ticket, and buy 5 and get one free, and there was a list of awesome things? Then they extended the deadline? I think it was called "Save Rocketry Now," but not sure. Well, I was trying to find the info on that and have no luck. I got a $50 charge to my card from Tripoli Rocketry Association, so I am assuming that was it. I have three questions? Was that charge them? If it is, does that mean the raffle is going to happen soon, or has happened? How do we find out who the winners are.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I could not find the thread via search, and I recieved no e-mails indicating that something was happening, so I am a little concerned.

Also, anyone have any links to any threads or websites about the raffle?

I found this at

https://www.saverocketrynow.org/default.htm

"At this time, we are working on processing the credit cards and getting everything ready for the drawing. We anticipate the drawing will be held in late August/early September -- just as quickly as possible!

We will announce the final totals just as quickly as possible, as well as all the winners."

Thanks,

Greg

It is my understanding the big drawing will be held at AirFest this weekend. With all of those prizes, lots of tickets will need to be drawn, so they waited for a big event to do it.

Bill

Originally posted by n3tjm
I assume you don't have to be present at the AirFest to claim your prize ;).

That is correct. The organizers will send the names and addresses of the winners to the donors and they will ship the stuff out. It does not make sense to ship the prizes to a central location only to turn around and ship them out again.

Bill

I was wondering the same thing as FlisKits has a large investment in this raffle. It will be good to be able to send the gifts to the proper owners (winners) :)

Back