The Wildman rocket by Hawk Mountian, sold by Wildman Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyr98

Reaction score
Does anyone have it? What do you think of it? Pics would be great :) I plan to put 4-5 Gs in it instead of the 54mm.

The Wildman rocket is pretty darn sweet. It's heavy for its size but with good reason: it has some seriously high quality components.

Thinking of flying it on Gs? I think not. A young lady in my club did her Jr Level 1 with an H242T on the standard (non-dual deploy) version. I don't think she got much over 1000 feet. (A super looking & very successful cert flight BTW.) It definitely needs a mid-H just to get going. A 54mm MMT is definitely the right match for this rocket. And with good reason.

HTH,

And here are a couple of pics. First here she is getting ready to take it out to the pad.

Thanks for the pics but I said a cluster of 4 Gs that work out to 75% of an I. Mabye, mabye not. We will see.

I have the 72" dual deploy version with a G-Wiz and painted Amazing Grape with clearcoat. A very solid rocket, flew on a" J295"
54mm to 4987 feet. Next will be on a K, sims say it will hit over 11,000 feet on a L730 at Mach 1.2
You be better off with a 54mm motor mount and can adapt down to 38mm.
G's will not give it much boost
My 2 cents.
Mark

I would suggest making that rocket out of paper. Don't spend the money on a fiberglass kit for that. Fiberglass = performance!

Hey Tim! Welcome to TRF! But I have to warn you that some people here already have heard of the Wildman "Trailer Of Doom" in some of my other posts -- so they have been forewarned about you. :D

I heard your answering machine was full last Friday when a member of WHRG tried to order the special Aerotech Reload/Monster Hardware deal. Now you know the power of posting at TRF.

Glad you have decided to join the forum!

Duke79 (President of WHRG)

It's Still in the box waiting to get built. I modified the altimeter bay a bit replacing some of the hardware with SS parts & U-Bolts also ordered additional parts from Hawk Mnt ( longer motor tube & extra Cr's & a Rocketman R7 ProEX chute ( bought the Dual Deploy version).

I plan on adding an Aeropak Tail cone to it.

Hope to start building either this week if not will have to wait for the winter buiding months.....

JD

Why Are you putting a longer mmt in it ?
The only reason I can think of for hybrids
Put the tail cone on ,it looks very cool I just put one on the one that I am building now
Tim

When and where is the Air Fest?

I used the Wildman kit motor mount and works just fine.
Mark

Mark, AirFest is a four day event over the Labor Day weekend. (this coming weekend) It runs Friday thru Monday, with Monday being EX. Tripoli EX rules in effect for Monday. It is being held in Argonia KS. There have been 4 LDRS's held at this site. If you've seen "Rocket Challenge" series on the Discovery Channel, this is where it was filmed.

Originally posted by flyr98
Does anyone have it? What do you think of it? Pics would be great :) I plan to put 4-5 Gs in it instead of the 54mm.

EDIT: I got my Jr. L1 cert in October so I'm finally free! Wahoooo!

Hmmm well If you are planning on puting a few G motors in it, 5 for example I think that It would fly fine... what is the diameter? I have a 3 in rocket I fly on 3 G motors and it screams out of sight! And after you relise what you could do with 5 H238s then you are goeing to want to have it fiberglassed. 5 I200s, that would be cool!

Originally posted by flyr98
Yeah, but now I can go for Hs and Is.
BTW, it's 3"

I don't think 5 29mm motors will fit in a 3" rocket... I am almost positive they can't. I think that the most that will fit are 3...

Originally posted by Lucas
I don't think 5 29mm motors will fit in a 3" rocket... I am almost positive they can't. I think that the most that will fit are 3...

Actually it's four, such as in the LOC 4-29SS. Although, it can be a tight fit depending on the thickness of 29mm tubing one uses.

Back