2.7X Upscale Orbital Transport Flight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Since It's been so long, I decided to start a new thread. You can view the original construction thread here.

The big OT had a great flight on an H-128 with the delay drilled down to 6 seconds. The glider will need some work, however. It was stalling all the way down.

First pic: pre-flight.

For some reason, the flight pics didn't turn out so good, but it's better than nothing!

Next: off the pad!

That sure was some flight. It was the first time I'd seen a high-power boost-glider fly. Beautiful rocket! I think my dad was out there helping you recover it.

I was the one having problems getting the F21-6 in my Tall Boy to ignite. ;)

I don't know Joe. The pictures look pretty awesome to me.

How did the glider fly?

Great job on your upscale. The Orbital Transport is one of the all-time great model rocket designs.

Originally posted by OKTurbo

How did the glider fly?

Pretty 'cartoony'. It was stalling big time, and came down like a bucking bronco. It would swoop, stall, fall, and swoop again.

Obviously, it needs a bit more trimming. I thought it was stalling in my backyard flight tests, but I wasn't totally sure. I thought I'd fly it once to get a feel for what the glider needs.

It worked out well, though. Since the glider wasn't flying too well, it didn't go that far.;)

Back