Mini Mongoose

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
My first true minimum diameter micro, I decided to downsize a popular high power rocket the Mongoose. [or BlackHawk]

I found some pdf files on the rocket and just sized them [literally] to the tube and NC.

Traced and cut the parts and assembled. This one was rather simple and I did not think a true build thread was in order.

Just cut tube to size. Traced and cut fins. Glue in cut section of motor for engine block and done.

The real work was in all the sanding and finishing.

100_3768.jpg

100_3769.jpg

The Mongoose series are all carbon fiber and thus black. Being such a tiny rendition, I want to be able to find it when launching so opted for high visibility orange.

Only thing lacking is the tiny deals, I'll try to work that out after I launch it. [if i get it back!]

This will be my last Micro for awhile since I just built 7 I need to see how they fly and have some fun!

Next up though.......I'm working on a dual rod pad setup for drag racing micro's and a modified one for the Deuce's twin motors.

I want something easy to use and fast to recycle in hopes of luring some more fliers.

100_3804.jpg

100_3811.jpg

100_3810.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. with it being orange kinda looks like a arrow ready for flight

Nifty Little Mongoose Jim.
OH man...yes go out and fly some! Ya really don't get hooked until ya see a few of them fly!

You shouldn't have any problem launching a Deuce from just about any launcher, particularly now with the new Q2 igniters. As a dual motor model all that's needed is to twist adjacent leads together. Works very well.

Ya really don't need anything special for Micro Clusters until you get to 3 or more, I've found this little 10amp "rangebox relay" has done super for clusters up to 8 my custom 12v igniters, so I'm sure it'd be fine with more Q2g2's;)
Hope this helps a little.

MM 328lp01a-sm_D-Deuce on Pad_03-24-07.jpg

MM 328Lp02c-sm_D-Deuce2pic 2nd flt_04-21-07.JPG

MM 316b02-sm_MM Viper-III 2nd cluster flt_11-18-06.JPG

MM 337Lp01a_XB-70 MM Clu ready for 1st flt_09-22-07.jpg

Last edited:
Back