Male 110v Receptical?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We seem to have a surfeit of Johns.

FWIW, my intention all along has been to put together a "club" type of GSE system that would do several things. I want to include all the bells and whistles and neat GeeWhiz type of stuff but I also want to maintain backward compatability with existing equipment and have the option to go either way with several variations in between.

Right now, I am the custodian of my club's equipment. That is equipment that Art Applewhite generously made and contributed. It has worked well. The nature of my employment, though, means that I am itinerant. One of these days, my bishop is going to point his finger and move me elsewhere. I suspect that might come about much sooner than I would like. When that happens, the club's equipment stays behind. I am trying to build some club style equpment to take with me whereever I go and that will have maximum flexibility. 110 extensions cords are a big part of that flexibility. As the system is designed, I am going to incorporate relays, and other features but, when all has gone wrong, I want to be able to drag out a few extension cords and still have a good time. I'd also like to be able to hook my gear up to that of another club. Depending on where I am sent, my gear may become the basis of a new club.

I want to give a big THANK YOU to Art Applewhite for all he has done for my club. It is much appreciated.

I've designed my small controller with the following connectors:
Neutrik powerCON

If you need more conductors, their speaker connectors would do the trick.
speakON

Neutrik also has ruggedized RJ45 connectors as well.

There are other brands of similar products as well, but I can't find them in a google search.

The prices aren't too bad-for less than $100 I ordered several pairs of connectors.

At the moment, the controller is just a design and parts, but I hope to get a bit of work in on it this winter (which I said about this time last year).

Cheers,
Jon

I'll second the SpeakON connectors. These things are designed to hook speakers up for live sound applications where they are setup and torn down daily for road bands.

They come in 2, 4, and 8 conductors and can be bought really cheap on Ebay. I've re-built our clubs controllers to use these to go to the relay boxes. These work great and look like they will last a LONG time.

We seem to have a surfeit of Johns.
[.........insert pun here.........] :D

Having people walking through the area immediately between the launch control table and the pads and snagging the leads always drove our LDs nuts until we implemented a simple solution. When the site is set up, we define a rectangular area that is bordered by the launch table on one side, the line of pads on the other, and two parallel lines that connect the two. Then we rope this area off with a flag fence. The pad leads run through the rectangle. The only way anyone can go out to the pads and back is by going around the outside of the roped-off rectangle. No leads ever get stepped on now. Attached is a photo of a typical setup.

MarkII

2009 Dog Days Derby range.jpg

Back