Mil Style Baby Bertha - Ammo Round?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LtSharpe

Reaction score
This is sort of fashioned after a various types of military ordinance. I think it looks much better than a standard 'bertha.

round.jpg

Originally posted by LtSharpe
This is sort of fashioned after a various types of military ordinance. I think it looks much better than a standard 'bertha.

Looks cool.

However, you need to add a yellow ring around the circumference of the body tube (or nose cone) to emulate the marking for "High Explosive" filler (look at a pic of a bomb....blue ring means "inert" yellow means "high explosive," etc).

Originally posted by dosco
Looks cool.

However, you need to add a yellow ring around the circumference of the body tube (or nose cone) to emulate the marking for "High Explosive" filler (look at a pic of a bomb....blue ring means "inert" yellow means "high explosive," etc).

Yeah actually that was in the works but I didn't get that far. It's so dam hot here.

You should make a whole fleet

Yellow ~ high explosives

Brown ~ low explosive items

Gray ~ irritant, incapacitating, or toxic agents

Gray with dark red band ~ ammunition contains an irritant (riot control) agent

Gray with dark green band ~ ammunition contains a toxic agent other than binary agents

Gray with broken dark green band ~ ammunition contains a binary nerve agent

Gray with violet band ~ ammunition with an incapacitating agent

Black ~ armor-piercing ammunition

Silver/aluminum Identifies countermeasures ammunition

Light green ~ smoke ammunition

Light red ~ incendiary ammunition

White ~ illuminating ammunition or ammunition producing a colored lightLight blue ~ ammunition used for practice

Bronze, gold, and brass ~ dummy/drill/inert ammunition

I was thinking more along the lines of bashing the kit and making smart bombs, a MOAB, or whatever.

I an not able to see the photos in this thread. Am I doing something wrong ?

This is a very old thread (12years) , and either the links are broken or the user may no longer be active and had removed their photos when you could still do so.

Back