and now for something *completely* different!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elapid

Reaction score
a Goblin

here's the fincan
fincang.jpg

Looks like the same stuff on the body as well, it looks like the new colored stuff from sollarpaddles, it is a kevlar/carbin fiber weave with many different color combos!!! looks great on those fins.

from U.S. Composites indirectly.
Carbon fiber/Kevlar hybrid fabric.

i'm considering something a bit larger after i get the hang of working with it.

i didn't know you could get red kevlar... have they just dyed it?

That fibre looks a bit strange! It would look nice with the normal CF colour with the Kevlar faded in the background :cool:

Are you going to paint it or leave it with the CF/Kevlar fibre showing?

sollerpaddles has the same stuff, LOTS of color combo's, they also have colored glass, carbin and aramid (kevlar)...

Originally posted by Elapid
from U.S. Composites indirectly.
Carbon fiber/Kevlar hybrid fabric.

i'm considering something a bit larger after i get the hang of working with it.

After I got the hang of working with it, I got a power sander. That stuff's a bugger to sand. Much easier to keep coating it to get it smooth. A comlete second coat of epoxy is a waste as far as strength and is rather expensive, but the alternative for me was many coats of urethane.

You can seal the fuzzies on the edges of the fins with fast epoxy and a very thin applicator. Lay down a line on the edges, push the fuzzies in, let it dry and lay another line on top.

OTOH, if you use sleeve on the fins you can eliminate at least one, usually two fuzzy edges by pulling the sleeve against the edges first.

or hit by a sudden attack of laziness...

it's all dry-fit, sitting here waiting for me to slot the airframe and finish it off.

Good golly Miss Molly....that thing is bulletproof....LITERALLY...

The carbon fiber/red Kevlar looks too cool. I thought about using some of that in blue on my upscale Praetor, but I didn't trust myself with it. It's too expensive of a cloth to screw up. Looks like you got the hang of it.

So what motor are you going to fly this creation on?

stuff an I366 Redline up it.

same motor i sent my LOC Onyx up on.

it's my favorite motor for now.
:D

Hey Rob,

Looks really really nice!!! wanna see flight pics/vids *g*

wbr,Roman:D

Latest posts

Back