Are you going to NARAM 47?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
Well, it is a month away...

Please tell us here in the Forum if you're going.

And what days?

And who's bringing the TRF banner?

I'm staying the whole week!!:D

OK...just to PO Carl...I'm gonna go start packing!;)

Again...not a matter of what to bring...it's what to leave home!:)

Yep, FlisKits will be there :)

We have some new things that we are going to be showcasing (though only as a pre-announcement) and (hopefully) one new kit announcement.

I also hope to get my Sprint'73 up to her retirement of 500 flights while there.

Plus, I am working on a 200 cup foam cup design that I hope to fly at the next CMASS launch (to test) then demo at NARAM

:D

I'll be there starting the 28th- that's what happens when you ride-share with a BOD member. I'll be pretty busy Sat and Sun trying out for the US Spacemodeling team, but should have some time during the week for some relaxing sport flying.

I may even have another Imagination Celebration entry ready by then.

kj

I live here.:D If I missed this one there wouldn't be much hope.

I'm goin'. My first NARAM ever.

I've got my Dual Egglofter, my Streamer Duration, my SuperRoc, and my Sport Scale birds all set to go. Almost. :rolleyes:

Gotta slap together my PMC project, my 1/2A B/G, my 4xA Cluster, and a spot lander together, then I'm good to go. :D

I'll be there pretty much the whole week, although I am taking a couple nights off to go see Bruce Springsteen, who happens to be playing in the area on Sunday night (Columbus) and Monday night (Cincy). (Hey, we all have our various manias. :p ) So for whatever is going on those two nights, I'm out of the picture.

Heck, maybe we could invite Bruce to come check out the launch. Who knows, maybe he'd dig it We could organize a mass launch to "Born In The USA" :D

:rolleyes:

I am with Fishhead!!! :)

I will not be flying, but rather plan on working the sport range the entire week, which should provide plenty of enjoyment just watching my friends fly.

Carl Tulanko
Chairman
NAR Sport Services
NAR 79454 L3CC
Senior Advisor
Quark Section 624
Cincinnati, Ohio

I was hoping to come, but as I have no money and very little vacation, I'll have to pass this year.

I will be at NARCON next spring, though.

Its to far away for me to go because I live in freaking Sacramento LOL. Plus I don't have competion rockets. My Super Rocket crashed back in April and I haven't rebuilt it yet. Plus how would I get my rockets there?

Originally posted by JRThro
I was hoping to come, but as I have no money and very little vacation, I'll have to pass this year.

I will be at NARCON next spring, though.

No Whiteys for you.:D

I'll be there! I'll be picking up my team partner , in IL, on the Thursday before NARAM. We will be staying for the whole event.
My level 2 cert rocket is about 80% finished. I have A LOT of work to do yet on my contest models. Better stop typing and get working.;)
I hope to see many of you guys at NARAM again this year! TRFer's are awesome!!

Take care,

Ok, we're cookin' now....

I've been trying to think of something to bring to NARAM that would be *special*, and I got it....

Check it out... :D :D

It will contain (84) 20 ounce cups in the bottom third (7 tubes of 12 cups each), (36) 16 oz cups in the mid-section (3 tubes of 12 cups each), and (12) 16 oz cups in the top most section (1 tube, basically a Decaffeinator without fins :) )

Standing 17 feet tall, she will be powered by a cluster of four 24mm motors (D's or E's)

I will test her out next weekend at CMASS

Attached pix shows the lower third without fins. I will get a weight later tonight.

jim

Oh MAN, this is going to be fun... The bottom section in the picture weighs in at, get this, 20 ounces....

20 OUNCES!

This thing is 6 feet tall and 11 inches across at the base and only 20 ounces.

This thing is going to cook on a quad of E9's man...

Saturday I will try it with D12-3's then, if it recovers without too much damage I will send it up again on E9-4's

It is designed to come apart into 3 sections for easy assembly in the field.

way kewl

Originally posted by Rocket Guy 1317
Its to far away for me to go because I live in freaking Sacramento LOL. Plus I don't have competion rockets. My Super Rocket crashed back in April and I haven't rebuilt it yet. Plus how would I get my rockets there?

Load a suitcase with body tubes, balsa and glue - you'd be surprised how many Naram models are built in the motel rooms!

That having been said I will be coming but for the first time in 15 Narams not flying competition. I'll be there Saturday through maybe Tuesday, mostly for the night events though I still don't have a schedule for the nights.

Is the rumor true that Roachwerks will have a lathe set-up on the field for onsite custom cones while you wait?????

Originally posted by CTimm
Is the rumor true that Roachwerks will have a lathe set-up on the field for onsite custom cones while you wait?????

Don't we wish! Gordon probably needs a vacation though.

I have been working out my schedule and it looks like I can go for the entire week. Yippee!

Bill

Originally posted by CTulanko
I will not be flying, but rather plan on working the sport range the entire week, which should provide plenty of enjoyment just watching my friends fly.

Carl, you need to fly something! maybe the upscale Tres? on 3 different color motors? I guess the fields not big enough for the BLU-?

I'll be there with the RocketTshirts booth!
Hopefully i'll have my minnie magg rebuilt by then and maybe ready for a cluster flight.
I'll also have my 'Lil Lunar Lander, Stovi, Dueces Wild, Wild D'Ufo and some more.
Maybe I'll get my Tres and/or Acme built in the room at night!

Chuck

Ahhhhhhh..................

NO!;)

I can just imagine an onsite Sandman seminar.

"ya take this skewer see, and ya shove it all the way thru the chunk-o-balsa see, and then you hold the nail file/emery board thingy in your teeth see, and quickly spin the chunk back and forth like you're chowin' down on corn cobs and let the dust fly!
Don't worry kid, after twenty years of apprentice training you'll be doing it in your sleep!!!"

Is it too late to get a custom cone before naram????

Well, here she is, nearly complete. The only thing missing is the motor mount, recovery and launch lug

Here's what she looks like when I break her down into 3 managable pieces. Note the inverted cups on the top of the lower and middle section to hold the section above it

:D and you called me gone when I first flew the hub caps!!!!!! well I see now where Bill Spad got the picture of you (or your rocket). by the way put something on that glare factory above your shoulders. and who is that helping you hold up the rocket??? :D

Hi jim I'm home again:D

Hope y ou had a good trip to Florida :)

I just weighed the beast... 43 ounces (2 lbs, 11 ounces)

Heavier than I thought, but still below the 3.3 lbs mark.

Loaded with D12-3 motors, she comes in at 48.8 ounces with 2.97 oz of propellant

WIth E9-4 motors, she comes in at 52.04 oz with 5.05 oz of propellant, so with E motors she ventures into HPR and I would need a cert level 1 to fly (as I understand it.... )

hhmmmm, guess she'll fly with D motors this weekend.

That's less than a G motor's worth of newtons, so as long as you're at a launch that has an FAA wavier you can fly it on E's.

yea, but it is over the 4.4 ounce propellant limit, so I am not sure how it would be judged...

anyone know?

Originally posted by jflis
yea, but it is over the 4.4 ounce propellant limit, so I am not sure how it would be judged...

anyone know?

HPR level 1

oh, kewl.... hhmmm, maybe it's time for me to cert... :D

oh, and I realized that this discussion may not be appropriate here (I started it here as it is something that I am bringing to NARAM, but fear that it may derail this thread)

So, I started a thread all it's own in the Scratch Built forums. You can get to it by clicking here.

jim

Originally posted by jflis
Well, here she is, nearly complete. The only thing missing is the motor mount, recovery and launch lug

*twitch*

oh. my. lord. i have nothing else to say.

Back