New Goblin Pic!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elapid

Reaction score
thanks Gordon!
the cone looks great... unfortunately it doesn't photograph well at night!

i painted all the details using hand-cut stencils
it's not perfect, but i really like it now!

Goblin8.jpg

There is a big nose cone there...somewhere???:confused:

It sorta came out like taking a picture of a black cat eating licorice in a coal mine.:D

Assume the nose cone goes to the top of the picture frame.

So how tall is it overall?

Looks great!...but maybe better in the daylight.

Ahhhhh!!!

Much much better!!

Very impressive paint job...for such a hurry!:) Nothing like last minute stuff.

Those are all stencils?? WOW!

that i was able to give it a passable paintjob...

the stencils worked out surprisingly well! amazing what you can do with an Xacto knife and cardboard! Thanks to JimZ for the resources to make this thing a reality.

it's going up on a 3200L850 Red Flame EX motor and you betcha i'll have vids and stills and whatever else i can...hopefully Nadine will be there and get some *good* pics too!

thanks guys!
i really appreciate all the kind words!

That turned out great!! I've got some 6" mailing tubes in the garage that I don't know what to do with....

i wasn't able to fly it this weekend.
it was rather windy Friday for EX day, so mostly i put up the art applewhite 38mm sacer for ease of recovery.

the wind was supposed to die down later in the day so i decided to do a dual deploy flight using the altimeter that was going to fly in the goblin.

bad move.

not certain why, but the main didn't fire and the rocket impacted the playa in a flat spin. several pins on one of the ICs got broken loose from the circuit board .

i static fired the L850 red motor i made for it and it was rather impressive... it would have been awesome in the Goblin.

Back