Whats On Your Grill Today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats on the Grill

• Hambugers

• Hot Dogs

• Pork steaks

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nothing on MY grill today, and I don't know what our friends are having for us. Yesterday we had burgers and dogs next door, and Friday we grilled steaks and salmon. I guess I already covered most of the bases ;)

i just took about 5 pounds of ribs off the grill. I slow cooked them for about an hour on the weber and I still smell like smoke. They taste great!

Bugs. I drove home from a launch last night and it did not rain to wash it off. Oh, you meant BBQ grill.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill
Bugs. I drove home from a launch last night and it did not rain to wash it off. Oh, you meant BBQ grill.

Bill

LOL that was a good one

But I just pulled some burgers and dogs off the grill

I'll be travelling to Iowa for the remainder of the day, so we did our grilling last night.

Hickory smoked BBQ Pork Steaks, acorn squash, and roasted sweet corn on the cob.

HO-LEEEE *COW* was it good! I beleive that I've perfected the art of barbequeing pork steaks and roasting corn.

By the way, I can tell that the poll was posted by someone from the midwest - I think that pork steaks are more of midwestern thing.

When I lived in California, everyone grilled beef ribs and carne asada. I "introduced" my friends to barbeque pork steaks; although they were readily available at the grocer.

In Texas, it was a similar story. My friends never cooked (or ate) them, and again I "introduced" them to the pork steak. In fact, the average Texas grilling poll would read:

1. Brisket
2. Fajitas
3. Hamburgers
4. Hot Dogs
5. Other

Gonna throw some homemade burgers on the grill later this afternoon. Did some slow-cooked steaks last week that would make you think you'd died and gone to heaven. Mrs WW found some New York Strip at the store for half-price and bought about 10 pounds of it. We's gonna be some steak-cookin' fools by the time summer's done!

WW

Filet Mignon

Skewered marinated mushrooms.

Thick sliced Viidalia onions basted with olive oil

Baked potatoes

The only thing not on the grill is the shrimp cocktail and the tossed salad.

Oh yeak, and a gallon or so of Iced tea.

Originally posted by wwattles
Gonna throw some homemade burgers on the grill later this afternoon. Did some slow-cooked steaks last week that would make you think you'd died and gone to heaven. Mrs WW found some New York Strip at the store for half-price and bought about 10 pounds of it. We's gonna be some steak-cookin' fools by the time summer's done!

WW

We did the same thing! I grilled for 3 xtra people and had a pile of steaks left over. Steak and eggs, steak and salad, steak and steak. Perfect for a South-Beach-like diet :)

We're gonna do some spare ribs tonight...My brother's cooking them and it's supposed to be really good.

Gotta hurry!

Having;

Burgers
Brats
Hot Dogs...real hot dogs..all beef no floor sweepin's
potato slad
bean salad
macaroni salad
and baked beans

I gotta go...I'm hungry!;)

Just had burgers for lunch, plan on grillin some sirloin steaks tonight, and about Wednesday, will probably throw some chicken or pork chops on. I did notice it's about time to replace the burner again. It's only a year old, but it's rusting and splitting. This time, I'll spend the extra, and get either a brass, or porcelain burner.

I have pork sirloin on the grill as I type. I usually make my own marinade but this time I happened upon a 2 for 1 sale and decided to give it a try. I just tested it and I think my family's going to hate it.

Lisa,
Off to the grocery store for corn on the cob and hot dogs just in case...

Hamburgers with chunks of blue cheese and Ranch dressing spices mixed into the meat. MMMMM... no need to add any condiemnys whatsoever.

Ph

We grilled burgers last night.
I was working at our local Veteran's Monument organinzing Boy Scouts and veterans to raise the flags at the start of our Memorial Day Ceremony.
I had a leftover burger for afternoon snack today.

Nothing. It is raining AGAIN! :( We're having spaghetti, of all things.

Hamburgers, Turkey Burgers, Turkey hotdogs, and a Caribean Jerk marinated Chicken breast...

My son and I worked almost the entire "holiday" doing things to our homes.
Ribeye's hitting the grill right after I hit the post button. ;)

This thread is making me incredibly hungry... I haven't been to a BBQ for several years :(

Phil

Originally posted by WiK
This thread is making me incredibly hungry... I haven't been to a BBQ for several years :(

Phil

YEARS??!!!

I grill at a minimum twice a week...once a week during the winter months.

Man, yous guys are lucky.
I'm off to the Dr. for a little procedure tomorrow so today is soup, water and other clear liquids, and saving the best for last, Magnesium Citrate (YUK!!!) and Bisacodyl USP. :mad: :(

Greg

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Filet Mignon

Skewered marinated mushrooms.

Thick sliced Viidalia onions basted with olive oil

Baked potatoes

The only thing not on the grill is the shrimp cocktail and the tossed salad.

Oh yeak, and a gallon or so of Iced tea.
Short of the iced tea, thats what I had two nights ago.

Al, you really need to add one more thing to that combo. Red peppers. A little olive oil and salt a pepper. Cook right along side the onions. Yea baby!

As for today. H and HD for lunch and Catfish (cajun style)for dinner. A little leftover dill and pea risotto, and string beans.

Originally posted by Fore Check
I'll be travelling to Iowa for the remainder of the day....

You don't have to say it like it hurts so much. :D
Did I hear that you've moved to IOA?
Whuch part?

Greg

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Man, yous guys are lucky.
I'm off to the Dr. for a little procedure tomorrow so today is soup, water and other clear liquids, and saving the best for last, Magnesium Citrate (YUK!!!) and Bisacodyl USP. :mad: :(

Greg

Greg, I went through that diet three times last year. I can't even smell chicken broth now with out getting sick. My last time of having to clean my self out, I had to mix some stuff with Gatorade, and chose to use the fruit punch, instead of a clear flavor. Talk about a mistake!!!

Good Luck at the Dr. tomorrow.

Not a holiday here, but did happen to refill the propane tank today ( no I can't be bothered with charcoal ). Two empty tanks so first bbq in a while.

Had chicken dumbsticks and sausages. Now how do I vote?

I had some baby back ribs on the grill. I think I'm going to do some hamburgers and dogs today...... Got to try out some BBQ sauce my wife got me.....

Back