Oh My Lord Its Beautiful

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
6_A.jpg

i think im about to pass out.

Omg... I SO want one. Right now.

Thanks for posting that.

*wipes up drool*

Phil

EEurgh, thats horrible.

How can you play games on *that*?!

:D

Phil

Originally posted by JDcluster
Just wait for the X-Box 360.....
X-Box 360

X-Box

JD

ahaha.

eat these specs mr gates.

Backwards compatibility w/PS2 + PSOne (DVD, CD)
Blu-ray disc format
Cell processor @ 3.2ghz
Cell can communicate to RSX @ 35gigs/sec
Xdr memory
Powerpc base core @ 3.2ghz
7x spe @ 3.2ghz
Graphics engine RSX @ 550mhz
128bit pixel precision (vs. current generation's 32bit)
300 million transistors on RSX
Up to 1080 progressive support
266k gddr3 vram @ 700mhz
4 front, 2 rear USB 2.0 slots
Memory sticks SD card x1, compact flash x1, Pro x1
Av multi output x1
Didigital audio output
2.5" hard drive slot
Built in wireless, 802.11g
Bluetooth
2.18 teraflops of performance
Built in gigabit Ethernet
Internet browsing
Up to 7 controllers
HD compatible
HDR (high dynamic range lighting)
512MB video ram

2.18 teraflops aka holy **** aka owns the **** out of xbox 360 with twice as powerful processor!
And don't tell me that the design of x360 is better cause it's not. WOW so slick and sexy.

7 bluetooth controllers. *drool*

Now this is starting to make sense. Using readily available memory cards, built in wireless and wired networking... Mmmm.

Any idea when its coming out?

ps3 set for 2006

ps3.jpg

back end of it, looks like it'll have a much better online play than ps2

What are the "home" sockets for?
Online play on a console doesn't interest me at all.. If I wanna play online, I go on the pc. The networking however sounds great. Would be cool if you could use the hard drive in a networked PC as the memory card.

I can't wait till 2006!

Phil

GOODY GUMDORPS!!!

It can play Final Fantasy XI. That is good because if my PS2 kicks the bucket, i would otherwise have to buy another used one... because the new thin Ps2's are not HD compatible.

for me its a cheap way to get a blu-ray HD DVD player @ 1080p.

The gaming is just an extra plus!

I'm not a gamer myself( the lord knows I have tried to be one!)... but what interests me about these game console, especially the sony ps3 and the xbox 360 is that they will both be using IBM chips inside, not intel..the xbox cpu is a IBM custom powerPC (can you say mac?) ,while the PS3 will have one of those new IBM "cell" cpu's.....

I just saw a picture of a PS3 controller in a newspaper, it looks disgusting. I am horrified that they changed the shape of the controller, they didn't between the PS1 and 2, and its perfect! Eugh...

ps3ct.jpg

Apologies for the terrible webcam picture, the proper camera is out of battery and the scanner is burried under a pile of junk.

Phil

iam a hardKore gamer. I own 7 online accounts cross the board from ultima online, anarchy,world of warcraft, dark ages of camelot and the list goes on. But iam also a vivid console player. The new PS3 looks awesome......... but........ iam not going to pay what they will ask for it. Iam sorry but iam pretty tired of paying $400 per system every 2-3 years. Nintendo is also making a new system that should debut in a year or so once they get a game base out. Ive played the ps3 at the E3 convention. Is it good? yes its awesome and the games are even greater... but you're about to see a huge price hike in games also. And for that you can blame all the console companies as a whole. They all come out with their systems all at the same time so they can fight each other for customers. But at the same time they will literally jack the prices up so it makes it almost crazy to buy. Iam not sure what this syetm will sell for to be honest but itll pretty much make the ps2 obsolete since the games will be ALOt better and more detailed. And what boggles my mind is why not make the HD and other stuff they design capatiable with all their systems. That HD and FF ran $90 but you only get to play the game with the HD. I was hoping for a unlimited Hd space for game saves since thats what Ps promised its followers a few years ago right before the ps2 arrived in stores. Will i buy it? probably just to say i have one..... but will i REALLY want to buy it? nope but i guess ill get over it :p

I will probably buy a PS3. Most likely about a year after it has come out and gone down in price a little bit. On the other hand, I might get desperate and import it from the US or Japan the day it comes out :rolleyes: . They will have to be compatible with the old PS2 controllers, or sell PS3 controllers in the same shape, or I will be very reluctant to buy one. I definitley won't buy an Xbox (full of micros*ft junk), and probably not a Nintendo, as the only games they have are Pokemon and Super Mario.

Then again I could just spend the money on new bits of hardware for various computers, probably better value for money.

Phil

Yeah, the controllers look like a tooth. The old ones were compact and easy to use, what'll these be?

only reason the controllers look like that is from what i noticed at the E3 convention is they are adding a few new buttons.But then again all stuff at E3 is beta stuff so most of it never makes it past there unless they get alot of support at that convention.and atm iam getting ill cause my dsl keeps going down while i type this :p Anyhow dont expect these to go down anytime soon. It took the Ps2 over 5-6 years to drop $200 and nw they sit on the shelf at $189. Only way itll happen faster is if more systems are created with better stuff. Thats one reason why they try to make their release date as far away as possible from xbox,nintendo and what not. But once the systems all come out itll be a drag race for a while to see what system most people will buy so they can say they got the #1 system in the world then prices will drop a lil to secure that title.Ive been playing games since atari's. This is basically the way all the systems have done since then. Some systems never even made it big time such as the 3DO and theres another one that sega made that failed pretty fast.but more they see people buying these systems they know that the economy CAN afford a $400 system. Which im is retarded for something thatll go out of style in 2-3 years and will be outdated in 4-5.

Originally posted by Badboy1982
Which im is retarded for something thatll go out of style in 2-3 years and will be outdated in 4-5.

Thats how all technology things are nowdays. Computers, Portable audio, Consoles, Television, etc etc. Just a part of life lol.
IMO, I really don't think the controller needs any more buttons, I've never played a game on the PS2 when I've been thinking "Omg, this SO needs another couple of buttons for me to play it properly".

Phil

Back