Rocket Building at work

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cydermaster

Reaction score
The other day I got fed up of looking at my unbuilt Fliskits Farscape, so I took it into work and started building it during lunchtimes. This kit lends itself to a slow bit-by-bit build, and I have been doing just that for the last few lunchtimes. I've now got to the stage where both BTs are cut. Today I remembered to take my camera in so I could get a piccy.

Anybody else build during their lunchbreaks?

Because of the nature of my job im like an electronics fireman, I sit around and wait for something to break. I do almost all my building at work. My boss is to busy doing his Ebay baseball cards to notice im building rockets. No really he said as long as I dont set anything off he doesent care what I build as long as I do the work when it comes up.

I love my job.

Dan

Indeed! A VERY nice boss that lets you build rockets and get paid for it at the same time! Where do I sign up? :D

Best Regards

Originally posted by cydermaster
Anybody else build during their lunchbreaks?
Yep! In fact, I have a partially-built Fat Boy sitting on top of the filing cabinet behind me right now. Just needs the shock cord installed and the parachute attached, and it'll be done. Still naked, but done.

Nah... no building at work for me... though sitting on a computer with lots of graphics software does lend itself to DESIGNING rockets all day.... which is probably why I have so many project plans and so few actual rockets being built :)

Oh... only exception is when I get to book time off to go help with rocket related visual effects work, like at the mo... when I ACTUALLY get paid to build rockets :)

In the process of rigging a large nozzleless hybrid motor for a new TV show about a guy building a space rocket in his garage... got to drive up to Newcastle next week to spend four days making fire on cue... based on past experience... it's all gonna be fairly un-glamorous :-( But better than sitting at a computer :)

Ben

Can't build at work, but I do read alot online, comb thru instructions.

Here's my space at work (fairly clean at the moment!)

Pat

I'm a CAD guy, and do work when I get it.. Dunno what it is with engineering.. but when it's quiet, it's quiet, then all of a sudden, three people come at you with problems / projects that all see to have the same deadline!

So, rockets designed, and illustrated in CAD, some develeoped in Rocksim. And after everyone goes home, I paint in the shop! They are used to seeing a bunch of rockets hanging from my work bench! Dryign from the night before.

Here is a pic of my work area, my corner of the shop. This is where I build most of the stuff for fun and DMB Rocketry.

Dan

Back