Rocketry Suppliers in DFW Area?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007dawg

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good rocketry supply / tubing supplier in the Dallas - Fort Worth, TX area?

Thanks!

Kirk

I would like to know too.
There are a few brick-n-mortar stores that carry a few parts but the prices are quite high. I usually mail-order what I need.
Are you looking for anything in particular?
(And what part of DFW are you in? east Dallas, mid-cities, west FW?)

I'm located in North Fort Worth ... almost in Keller.

Mostly looking for tubes and nose cones for small rockets ... A-C-engine size. Who is the best to mail order from?

Thanks, Pedro offers you his protection!

You will find a lot of good model rocketry vendors on this board. We carry a large selection of model rocket parts. You can check us out at www.BRSHobbies.com.

Best regards,
Brian Swanson

Originally posted by 007dawg
Does anyone know of a good rocketry supply / tubing supplier in the Dallas - Fort Worth, TX area?

Thanks!

Kirk

Me, if I don't stop buying more stuff than my wife lets me have place to put it.

In the mean time, Hobby Town USA on Walnut Hill, just north of downtown Dallas going up US 75, just east of the corner that has the "Condoms To Go" store on it. Seriously. I am not kidding. It's worth the trip just to see this once.

Also, our club (https://dars.org) has a regular vendor that sells all kinds of stuff at meetings and launches. Not as wide a selection as a retail outlet, but good deals on what he does have.

Seriously, I've got quite a bit of stock. Let me know what you're interested in and if I have some extra we can cut a deal, otherwise we'll figure out where to locate it.

Where are you at?

If you can't find anything here in town, you can mailorder from lots of places.
Fliskits has a good selection and variety. Balsa Machining Service is a good solid place to get nose cones, but don't forget about 'Sandman' here on TRF for custom balsa jobs and other needs. I have had good success in the past ordering tubes from Totally Tubular but there is another thread currently here on TRF where a bunch of folks have apparently had recent crummy service.
There is a hobby shop up along airport freeway in the mid-cities---I will try to find a name and number for you. The last time I was up there, they had a fair selection of BT and NC stuff as well as some kits and motors.
--------------------------------
Edit: I think I found it again, it is Hobby Maker at 1424 Airport Freeway in Bedford. Should be close to you?
On the south side of Fort Worth you can get a few things at Old Time Hobbies (south of 820 on Trail Lake about a block) but I don't think it would be worth it for you to drive that far just for their limited selection.
Edit: Dynasoar made a comment about a Hobby Town in Dallas, and that store may well be a good one. I can tell you that the Hobby Town on south Hulen in south FW has very little rocketry stuff, just a few lowpower kits. I seriously cannot recommend.
You probably have an easier drive into north Dallas but I have no idea what stores are over there.
If I buy stuff locally, it is usually when someone has a sale (like the 40% off sale at HobLob this week). I buy a bunch of kits, mostly for the NC parts but for some of the rest too. I just spent $70+ today.....

Originally posted by powderburner
Edit: I think I found it again, it is Hobby Maker at 1424 Airport Freeway in Bedford. Should be close to you?

I bought some stuff there a couple weeks ago.

It was their 20% to 75% off sale, going out of business, selling to the walls, including the shelves.

Edit: [sound of forehead slapping] Didn't read your earlier statement re: where you are.

For mail order for balsa nose cones, BMS is tops. Many many in stock. They also have most tubes. And motor blocks, engine hooks, launch lugs, shock cord, etc. etc. It saves money to order everything from the same place. If you order from their web site rather than email or fax an order in, shipping is $5. But if you're willing to buy from separate sources, Rockethead has picked up some tubes that are of higher quality than most others.

Latest posts

Back