The Flash

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Fisher

Reaction score
Well here she is-all ready for a C6-5.This one caught my attention cause of the up-swept fins!

I built one of these (w/ a small payload bay) to fly my PicoAlt to get an idea of altitude on different motors. I'll have to dig up the notebook with the info in it.

kj

Changes from stock: I decided to leave off the engine hook entirely. Iv'e had problems with this on the similar Pipsqueak. The hook would end up developing a lot of up & down play. I think this was caused by the powerful C motors for such a small & lite-weight model. I would also prefer the engine to "kick out" after the ejection charge, allowing the model to recover at an even lighter weight. I painted the bottom black half with flat black instead of the rec'd gloss black. I think the contrast of the two look better this way. I then got out the epoxy & coated the kevlar connection at the motor retainer to prevent the kevlar from being burned since it sits right above the motor. -Mixed a little more epoxy & thinned it out with rubbing alchohol & smeared it inside the top of the body tube to prevent wear. These small diameter rockets tend to wear this area quickly. Last, I put some more "thinned" epoxy around the bottom of the motor mount tube that hangs out of the bottom of the rocket to strengthen it since the fins are up-swept & the rocket could land right on the bottom.;)

-I also added a swivel hook even though this model uses a streamer. In the past I have had the kevlar unwind itself from the streamer spinning.

Originally posted by Rob Fisher
-I also added a swivel hook even though this model uses a streamer. In the past I have had the kevlar unwind itself from the streamer spinning.

Great tip Ill have to keep that in mind

-She'll make point 5 past light-speed, she may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts..kid-Iv'e made a lot of special modifications myself............sorry, me & the kids were watch'in Star Wars today:D

Back