Dead Ringer, Duece and Preator additons to my Micro fleet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
Wow , when did we get a micro section? I must have missed something.

Anyways while doing the DarkStar micro and waiting for glue to dry I finished several other kits.

Several other build threads have been done on these so right to the finished pics.

The fleet additions.

Dead ringer: first I pre-assembled the kits sub assemblies, then painted them and finally glued them up VERY carefully so the glue would not show.

Finally edging the tubes between the yellow and red with black fine lines.

Colors: All Rustoleum Primer 2x..... Apple red 2x .... Sunburst yellow and gloss black.

100_3713.jpg

100_3715.jpg

100_3716.jpg

Last edited:
The Deuce was done using the standard Flis colors of yellow and blue.
In this case Rustoleum metallic blue and sunburst yellow. Primer also Rustoleum 2x coat.

All went extremely well as I had some of the old formula, re-coat anytime on hand.

This thing was a real bear to tape off the curved transition on.

100_3689.jpg

100_3696.jpg

Thanks Kerry.

The Petite Preator.

The decals on this one killed me. Man those things are tiny. Fell back on my old model car building skills from the 60's for this.

Good looking rocket though!

All were done in vivid colors to aid these old eyes in finding them ! LOL

Colors: All Rustoleum
2x primer.......Sunburst yellow.....Orange....Gloss black. Two coats of gloss clear after decals.
Nose tip and motor mount black sharpie.

Had great fun doing these. My new winter projects. Have many more Flis kits to finish plus a few scratch builds I will be adding in the near future.
Enjoy1

100_3711.jpg

Last edited:
Wow , when did we get a micro section? I must have missed something.

You didn't miss anything. the section had only been open about a half hour before you posted.

BTW, they all look great!

Man...

I may be able to *design* rockets....

But you guys (SO many of you on TRF) simply put me to shame with regards to building and finishing!

When I looked at the pictures of the Dead Ringer my first thought was "wow, that's a really cool design" before realizing it was MY design... LOL That little guy has never looked so good.

They all look great! thank you!

But you guys (SO many of you on TRF) simply put me to shame with regards to building and finishing!
Jim, yours are never going to look that good until you start using some PAINT on your rockets!

Back