Rebar Rocketry Opens Retail Location (Finally)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar_rocketry

Reaction score
Well, it finally happened today. It's still not finished, but I was "open for business". My sign won't be ready 'til next week, but I was there.

To anyone who has ordered in the last few weeks and it took a little longer than usual to ship, this is the reason why. I've been real busy, as you can tell, but maybe now things will get back to normal.

Here's some pics that I promised. I haven't taken pics of everything yet. Like I said, it's still not completely finished and stocked, so I took pics of some of the "better" angles.

Here's the front door (sans the vaporware sign)

lot2012.jpg

And one more.

Thanks goes out to everyone who has supported me over the last couple of months. There were times that I almost decided to get out of the business and get back to building 'em and flying 'em, but I hung in there thanks to the encouragement and advice of my friends (you know who you are).

Now, I've got rent to pay, so be sure to stop by the store or the web site and pick up a few things :p :D

Thanks for everything,
Doug

lot2014.jpg

Dude, those shots have me giddy with rocketliness!!!!
Congratulations... now I have to convince the wife to make new vacation plans....

Al

Wow! What a selection! I've got goosebumps....seriously...

And it's NOTHING BUT ROCKET STUFF!!!

Congratulations and good luck with your new venture.

Originally posted by Rocket-Tech Al
Dude, those shots have me giddy with rocketliness!!!!
Congratulations... now I have to convince the wife to make new vacation plans....

Al

Thanks, dude! I wished I could post pics of more stuff, but a lot is still not organzied very well. I still haven't put in the parachutes, body tubes, and other misc parts, and a lot of the kits aren't hangin' up yet, either. I'll be going in tomorrow to take care of some of that and get the rest of the shipments out that I need to do.

Originally posted by OKTurbo
Wow! What a selection! I've got goosebumps....seriously...

And it's NOTHING BUT ROCKET STUFF!!!

Congratulations and good luck with your new venture.

Thanks. Yep, nothing but rockets. I've got some space-related books, but everything else is either model rocket or "real" rocketry related (as in books on Goddard and Apollo and stuff)

Rebar . . . I've just got to say, you're store looks AWESOME!!!

I hope you do great! I wish I had a store like yours near me - you'd be my new hangout.

Hey Doug

It is about time you got this open. LOL Like I told you before I wished I was there to help and if you need any help let me know.

I know that you will do great with this. Just like you have with your web store.

Tom

WOW! Talk about making a dream come true...you have a PM by the way.

Congratulations on your Grand Opening.

Post your address and store hours so I know where to go and when to go there.

Are there limits on how much money I can spend??? ;)

Andrew

Traditional retail (brick and mortar) is a tough business...I wish you the best! Are you strictly rocketry or are you going to branch out into other areas?

Now THAT'S the hobby shop I've been waiting for all my life!!

Now if I can figure out enough educational attractions near there (for the kids) and how it will enhance the viewing of "American Idol" (for the missus...don't ask me, it's her hobby) I may be able to convince her that it would be the ideal vacation destination this year. Heck, look at how much money we left in Vegas with nothing to show for it. At least a visit to Rebar, U.S.A. would leave us with a big trunk full of fun!!!

Good luck, Doug!

Al

Congrats and good luck.
In my best Napolean Dynamite voice:
sweet, awesome, incredible.

If I had a place like that here, maybe I wouldn't buy kits 10-20 at a time. Like someone else said, that would be my new hangout, and I could just come and buy rockets as I built them, you know maybe just 1 or 2 a day. :)

I think you're about an 8 hour drive from here so maybe one day I'll make the trip to see the store and meet you and billyblurzz.

Tim

Awsome looking store !

Your pics remind me of the original - often copied, but never duplicated - "Dale's Hobby Shop" here locally. When you walked in, though he dealt with plastic models and AFX cars as well, rockets were the big deal for him.

I pine for those days, because Dale knew his business, and catered to the rocketeer hidden deep within us all, and in some cases, just screaming to get out. 8)

Dale was in business for nearly 30 years, and in that time, he touched more lives and put more smiles on the faces of children than anyone I know. I sincerely wish you the same sort of success, and as everyone has stated, if you were closer, I'd be a regular for sure.

Cheers and thanks for sharing,

Originally posted by bsexton
Traditional retail (brick and mortar) is a tough business...I wish you the best! Are you strictly rocketry or are you going to branch out into other areas?

I had thought about doing a little computer repair on the side, being as I'm already doing it for friends and don't get paid:), but I'm already squeezed in here, so that will have to wait until I can expand into the next room. Might help pay the bills.
I really need the extra room now, but I'm trying to hold down expenses as much as possible right now so that I can get into on-site vending at launches in the South (need a trailer, any donations?:D) and expand my product line.

most of us only dream about such things, but you are actually doing it. best wishes for continuing success!!

Geee... my black n white little kits look a bit meek among all of that flashy Estes stuff- good thing I have a box of 50 more coming your way tomorrow.

A just rockets store is a super idea! A real dream of so many out there who grew up gazing at a single wall in their local hobby store that contained a smattering of kits. The stores local to me are doing that "Expand the TRAINS!" bit. I was in there the other day and the rocket section was nearly gone... good thing we have Rebar to give us hope!

So, whens the UK Rebar Rocketry promo tour? :D

Looks like a great shop. If I'm ever in the same country I will do my best to drop in and lighten my wallet!

Phil

Hey, WIK, with the current exchange rate airfare may wind up being almost free with what the stuff would cost.

Back