This cold weather

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunward

At Mad Rocket Basement
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Enough already.

It was real hard to do a couple of small launches done. The glue didn't dry on the launch lug and it kept falling off. Had to use the heater to get it to hold.

Hands got frozen and couldn't wait to get out of there fast enough.

Warmer weather should be just around the corner. Only another week or so for March!

Warmer weather should be just around the corner. Only another week or so for March!

LOL! a week.:confused:

What, are you new to Canada?

I live across Lake Huron from Ontario...I don't see any signs of winter letting up soon.

We just got 4" of snow so far today and they predict another 5" by midnight.

Besides if the NHL were still playing it would only be the middle of the season...not counting the playoffs.

I'm with you, Angelo. Wattles should be chiming in here soon, If I recall correctly, he's from the San Diego area.

wick

We've been taunted by some pretty mild temps but it is just plain too wet to get into the fields. We didnt even get the benefit of frozen ground this winter. It has been wey and muddy all winter.

We had a launch scheduled at our HPR launch site and it is at least 65 degrees today, but we've had 3 or more inches of rain the the last 2 weeks, with about a 1/2" yesterday which made the road in a slick, gooey mess.

Some sunshine and breezes are needed here in Kansas.

But, alas, you are correct, Spring can't be far away.

--Lance.

Originally posted by sunward
Enough already.

It was real hard to do a couple of small launches done. The glue didn't dry on the launch lug and it kept falling off. Had to use the heater to get it to hold.

Hands got frozen and couldn't wait to get out of there fast enough.

Explain this "cold weather" of which you speak.

It's an hour after sundown and still in the 70s and clear.
Of course, this is Texas monsoon season, so we get a day or two like this and rain the rest of the week.

Sandman,
no I am not new to Canada. Just January and February tend to be the worst.

March is actually bearable and those 2 months.

Dynasoar;

Rub it in.
It is snowing, again. Right now it is -3C ( 27F ) and will ge a little more snow. Today the wind was the problem.

Originally posted by sunward
Dynasoar;

Rub it in.
It is snowing, again. Right now it is -3C ( 27F ) and will ge a little more snow. Today the wind was the problem.

OK. It's 1 AM and 66F. Tomorrow will be 82F.

Just wait, you can get me back in July when I'm melting into a puddle.

We had bad wind up here too. It was colder though. Freaking crazy.

Yesterday was nice. -20C but no wind at all. Fabulous for skiing!

Back