Star Trek Enterprise Final Season

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is their best year also.

Any news if there's a replacement. Maybe starting on a brand new network! :D

Originally posted by huxley
I think this is their best year also.

Any news if there's a replacement. Maybe starting on a brand new network! :D

The story I heard on the radio hinted at a new series, but no details as to what or when.

I wouldn't expect it to be on a different network, since Star Trek is a Paramount franchise and UPN is Paramount's network.

Raise funds for enterprise by:

A.Selling tickets to firing Rick Berman out of a cannon.

No choice B.

Originally posted by LtSharpe
Raise funds for enterprise by:

A.Selling tickets to firing Rick Berman out of a cannon.

No choice B.

Disagree.

B. Shooting Baraga out of a cannon, into Berman.

Those two were their own worst enemy.

Yes the executive producer was the problem. The show started off way too slow.

It has been getting better. Just a shame. It probably won't be replaced with any other show.

Yeah - this season has been parsecs ahead of the rest of the show. Personally, I think last season is what did them in - whoever thought a season long story arc was a good idea should have his or her head examined (this is Star Trek, not 24!!!) Last season got so convoluted that it drove a lot of people away.

Greg

You musta missed that whole DS9 um thing ;) It had so many concurrent arcs across the whole 7 years you could write a book, oh wait they did hehe. Course there was that whole dominion war thing to! ;))) DS9 rocked starting with season 3.

The xindi arc gave ent a needed kick in the ***. Ent has had a lot of good shows but they've also had a lot of real crap and shows that just redo things that have been done before... only ent usually did them poorly.

Originally posted by gpoehlein
Yeah - this season has been parsecs ahead of the rest of the show. Personally, I think last season is what did them in - whoever thought a season long story arc was a good idea should have his or her head examined (this is Star Trek, not 24!!!) Last season got so convoluted that it drove a lot of people away.

Greg

Has anyone seen the new injection-molded plastic kits of this Enterprise?
I am wondering if these would ever become collectible----
What do you guys think, is it worth buying a couple and storing them for a few years?

Update: I went back by the store today and looked over the new Enterprise model again. Box cover art looked good, and part of the description says it has over 200 plastic pieces, but it is made by a company I have never heard of . . . and the normal retail is $50. Even at half price, I don't think I want it that badly. Has anyone else built one? Is this kit any good?

I allways thought going back was a bad idea for star trek as it was allways about looking to the future.

powderburner:

I am not sure which kits you saw, but I recently saw a set of prefinished kits. Just slawp them together and you had a finished model. No need to paint. Didn;t get excited as it was the same as buying a finished display model.

As far as the show is concerned, the worst part was the first 2 years. Poor story lines and nothing exciting. It has been getting much better. If the saw had kept the current pace, it would never have been cancelled.

Simply the fault of the executive producer.

Originally posted by sunward
powderburner:

I am not sure which kits you saw, but I recently saw a set of prefinished kits. Just slawp them together and you had a finished model. No need to paint. Didn;t get excited as it was the same as buying a finished display model.

200 pieces at $50 should be the Polar Lights kit. The prefinished Bandai kit would run about twice that cost.

The Bandai kits aren't simple snap kits, the lighting proves to be a little intricate sometimes.

Here's what I posted in another thread on Enterprise:

"That's the only reason it got a 4th season, for the syndication deals that
would come. They sold the episodes this season for a bargain just to get
them made and on the air for syndication. I can't remember the specifics of
why a 4th season of a show makes it more valuable for syndication, but it
does.
The show had a lot of potential that was just never going to be realized
with the folks in charge. They should take notes from the production of the
new Battlestar Galactica, IMHO. Also it was buried on a network that not a
lot of people watch. Selling the show into syndication to begin with (like
ST:TNG) would have probably built a larger following."

They knew they were in danger of getting canceled the third season, so they kicked it up a notch. They were absolutely certain of getting canceled after the fourth and they started making really good shows.

That's what peeves me. They didn't start trying until they knew it was over. The producers thought that, coming into the first season, it would automatically be a 7 year run and they basically didn't try good enough to turn out good shows.

If they learn anything from this, it's that they shouldn't rest on their laurels for the next series and should start kicking butt right out of the gate.

In all fairness, I thought the first few shows of the first season were pretty good and I haven't missed a single episode.

Back