The (insert rocket name here) build thread.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPscaler

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm building a new rocket, It should be a GREAT one. It is based on Uncle Mike's BT-60 tubes. Reinforced with fiberglass. It is 29mm so the rings will be a dangerous component. I will order them in 1/8 inch ply and wrap them in fiberglass. The biggest motor is should accommodate is the H250 Mojave Green. (hopefully this will be the Level 1 Rocket!) The fins will be Fin-A-09 from PML, and the nose cone will be plastic reinforced with, you guessed it, fiberglass! It should fly like a bat out of hell!

Here is the design layout

rocksimfile.jpg

By the way. Searching for a name! Any ideas? ;)

Last edited:
I'm building a new rocket, It should be a GREAT one. It is based on Uncle Mike's BT-60 tubes. Reinforced with fiberglass. It is 29mm so the rings will be a dangerous component. I will order them in 1/8 inch ply and wrap them in fiberglass. The biggest motor is should accommodate is the H250 Mojave Green. (hopefully this will be the Level 1 Rocket!) The fins will be Fin-A-09 from PML, and the nose cone will be plastic reinforced with, you guessed it, fiberglass! It should fly like a bat out of hell!

By the way. Searching for a name! Any ideas? ;)
It looks cool.

How stable is it with the H250 in it, if that's the heaviest motor you'll be using?

And I think "One Shot Deal" is a good name, for pretty obvious reasons.

You could also just stick a 38mm motor mount in there and eliminate the rings - just slide the MMT right in!

Hey, there has been worse ideas. With the H250 it is still stable. As far as I am concerned, this will not fly on anything bigger.

Here is the data with the H250 loaded.

rocksimfile2.jpg

Quick question. I plan on using a fin can. If I will have the inside of the fins cut into the centering rings, What should I tell PML the fin tang is? How far into the rings should I go?

Back