• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

xx Using The Yard Sale: Tips and Rules

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kevin (TROJ) but edited by cwbullet:

Tips and Rules:
  1. Items that are aerospace-oriented (rocketry, R/C, control-line, etc) are acceptable for listing in this area. It is strongly encouraged that pictures be included when posting items for sale.
  2. Motors and other items with shipping restrictions are not to be listed for sale unless you have the legal ability to ship them, or you are offering them for local pickup only.
  3. The software will require a prefix that all threads have a prefix of "[For Sale]" or "[Wanted]" to reflect which category the listing is in. Please add the appropriate prefix. For more on prefixes.
  4. After you've sold your items, please remember to go back and edit the thread to indicate the items are Sold. To do this, go to your initial post and click the "Edit Post" link. Then, under the editor box that pops up, click "Go Advanced" to get to the prefix options. Change your prefix to "Sold", save your changes, and you're done.
  5. Regarding comments about sellers, If you are not involved in a transaction with the seller or do not have current experience (last 6 months) with that seller, stay out of the conversation. Violation of this will result in infractions being issued.
  6. Please do not post open remarks such as "You can buy it from XYZ for less" in the Yardsale section. This type of comment is tacky and discourages people from buying the item. Send them a PM/conversation instead. If you don't have an interest in what's being sold, then please, stay out of the thread.

-Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another reminder that posting replies along the lines of "You can buy it from XYZ for less" is tacky, as is discouraging people from buying the item. If you don't have an interest in what's being sold, then please, stay out of the thread.

-Kevin

Thank you for making that clear.
I also have been the receiver of comments why I should sell to a "builder" not a "reseller". I do not care what they do with it. The fact is someone eventually will build it, who cares when?

Also, ask that when the items are SOLD, update the prefixs to SOLD!
Makes searching easier for all.

Yet another reminder that posting replies along the lines of "You can buy it from XYZ for less" is tacky, as is discouraging people from buying the item. If you don't have an interest in what's being sold, then please, stay out of the thread.

-Kevin

Is there anyway to give "For Sale" items priority over things that have been sold?

JD

Going forward...

Regarding comments about sellers, If you are not involved in a transaction with the seller or do not have current experience (last 6 months) with that seller, stay out of the conversation. Violation of this will result in infractions being issued.

Forget it. Chris short helped me get it.

Create a new thread, post an asking price, along with those pictures. Those look like some nice motor cases... :p

How do you deal with someone who doesn't ship your purchased item for more than 30 days after you pay for the item?

First off, I'm assuming you've tried multiple ways of contacting them (if possible). If you suspect fraud is at hand, submit a paypal claim (assuming you paid through paypal). Submit the paypal claim as soon as you're sure that you're not going to get payment back or your item.

First off, I'm assuming you've tried multiple ways of contacting them (if possible). If you suspect fraud is at hand, submit a paypal claim (assuming you paid through paypal). Submit the paypal claim as soon as you're sure that you're not going to get payment back or your item.
That's why it's important to send the money as a payment and not a gift. You lose your protection if you send it as a gift (friends and family transfer). There is a small cost to the seller so sometimes they may ask the buyer to cover the fee.

A couple of times a seller (not here though) did not want payment as a purchase even with the fee added in. I took that as a red flag and moved on.

Tony

If you want to sell your home at a great price and in a timely matter, post lots of photos and details.
You want to sell stuff on this forum, take lots of photos and give detailed descriptions. Duh!
Some posters here would get just as much interest as standing on a street corner, hold up a motor case and yell "Aerotech Motor for Sale" LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back