Nylon Chutes?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutfinder293

Reaction score
Has any one every use chutes from recovery technologies www.rocketparachutes.com. Thay look like pertty good chutes and with spill holes if needed. Im planing to buy verys size for low to mid rockets. Beside the chutes from top fight and others.

I've got one Recovery Tech chute. It's a 20 inch with spill hole. The nylon is super thin, but durable since it's rip stop. I've used it for my Mean Machine, Outlander, and Executioner so far, with no problems. My only complaint, is the material is very slick, which makes it hard to pack into smaller rockets (the Outlander). Other than that, they are great for the price.

Recovery Technology chutes are great. I have used a 12” chute in a Mini Mars Lander and it actually inflates as opposed to just a ball of plastic being deployed. In my 2X Mars Lander I could hardly get the cone on with two 36” Top Flite chutes and the decent rate seemed a little faster than I would have liked so I replaced them with two 44” master series chutes and now have plenty of room with a decent rate that is more acceptable. The suspension lines are also longer than Estes or Top Flite.

steve

What is the differance betwen the Premium, Econe and the Masters. Is it the wight of the chutes or the material.

chutes are pretty easy to make. just go to your nearest fabric store or wallyworld. pickup some fishing line for the shrouds, or some nylon rope, but it wont be as strong and might add weight, depending on the size of the rope. nylon can be had for like...6 bucks a yard(ripstop). and if you have a sewing machine, you can REALLY make a nice one.
the only nylon chutes i've used are LOC's, good quality, but you dont get that feeling of accomplishment when that baby opens up and bobs with the rocket down to a safe landing. just a thought.

Hi:
We are the new parachutes on the block.
Making parachutes for over 5 years.

Some of our chutes are sold at BRS hobbies.
We do custom chute work for you.

Supporting the model and advanced rocketry enthusiast.

Thanks

Bruce Feaver
Anchor Parachutes

My wife just said... "Have at it"... Then handed me her machine...

If I can found some good nylon or something i just mite do some chutes my self. My wife said she would make some for me. I Really like how your is turning out. I did found some web site how to make your own chute. I order some chutes from Recovery technologies. When i get them I'll let ya'll know how thay or.

Originally posted by Steward

My wife just said... "Have at it"... Then handed me her machine...

My wife has always said "touch my machine and die a lingering horrible death." The only offense worse is to go near her sewing scissors.

yipe!

Back