Performance Hobbies and Performance Rocketry?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are two companies from everything I've seen. This is most likely a coding error. The issue may be further confused is that Ken (Performance Hobbies) carries a lot of Performance Rockety's products. There could be other financial interests that are not apparent, but I have never heard this.

Originally posted by rstaff3
They are two companies from everything I've seen. This is most likely a coding error. The issue may be further confused is that Ken (Performance Hobbies) carries a lot of Performance Rockety's products. There could be other financial interests that are not apparent, but I have never heard this.

Yep, just a mistake. Performance Hobbies long predates Performance Rocketry. Just a manufacturer and retailer arrangement.

Neither of them are real fastidious about updating their sites either.

Yeah, I've known Ken for ~6 years and he was around before me. Perf Rocketry has been there for a few years or so.

Performance Hobbies is a retailer owned by Ken Allen and located in Washington DC. They are great. Outstanding. Sometimes hard to get hold of because he attends a launch almost every weekend..... Ken delivers and better yet, stands behind his product. Ken stocks Performance ROCKETRY kits and parts.

Performance Rocketry is owned and operated by Curtis Turner. Curtis seems like a nice guy and is pretty helpful. He is, unfortunately, like many small companies, terribly overloaded with orders as his product is good. This has resulted in missed delivery promises and highly questionable business practices. I will not purchase his product directly from him any more. But I would definitely purchase his products from a STOCKING dealer, like Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies. Curtis doesn't like me very much because I was persistent in chasing him for (a) defective product that was eventually replaced; and (b) purchased and paid for product that took 6 months to obtain. Seems to me I paid him for delivery charges on that kit and wound up picking it up at LDRS. Never did get the delivery charges back.

Like I say.... Performance Rocketry generally makes good product. I would only buy them from a reputable STOCKING dealer like Performance Hobbies. NEVER direct. Caveat Emptor. You pays your bucks - you takes your chances.

ML

They are two different companies.I asked Ken about this at NARAAM.What makes it worse is that Ken likes to wear P.R. shirts sometimes and it REALLY messes with peoples heads.:D

Back