Our Fleet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorpet

Reaction score
Decided to take some pictures of our fleet as we get some of them painted. My son and I just started last spring, but have been working on several models and as we get them finished and painted I just wanted to have a place to show them off.

First up (and most recently finished, well almost finished still needs its coat of Future):

A SEMROC Magnum Hornet.

I really enjoyed this build, not difficult but a lot of fun. Fins are papered and all tube spirals filled. Nose cone was done in CA/FNF/CA and then primed and sanded until smooth. Looks, feels and sounds just like plastic. My best balsa nose cone yet.

Magnum_Hornet.jpg

Last edited:
Next up - my son's finished Deuce's Wild

I gave this to him last spring after school got out as his reward for his grades. It has been built for a while, but finally has a coat of paint.

DSCN3306.jpg

This one has been published before, but I love the look of the rocket and really like my paint color choices on it.

Another Fliskit... The Triskelion from the Cub Scout build thread.

DSCN3304.jpg

A couple of odd rockets.

First up is this year's Holiday Bell as shared to us on this forum by AX'E (big thanks I might add).

If you haven't built this one, do it! It is a lot of fun and is a really cool looking rocket. Mine hasn't flown yet, but hoping to get it launched tomorrow.

DSCN3305.jpg

Last edited:
The second odd rocket comes courtesy of Odd'l Rockets. The Birdie was just way to cute to leave it when I saw it. This is a supper easy build, but should be a bunch of fun to launch.

Birdie.jpg

This one has been published before, but I love the look of the rocket and really like my paint color choices on it.

Another Fliskit... The Triskelion from the Cub Scout build thread.

Man, you're never going to lose sight of THAT Triskelion! :) That is one BRIGHT rocket!

Love your paint job on the Deuce's Wild! too :)

This one is the Screamin' Green Meenie from Pemberton Technologies. It took me a long time to decide how I wanted to paint this one (and it still isn't finished). I decided on the yellow into green design, which I like, but still have to get it right.

SGM.jpg

What a great looking bunch of models! Great job guys!
Be very sure to take in the time you have with your kids. It goes by WAY to fast and they are out on their own. My Better 2/3rds teases me all the time about not having a single photo of the kids without a rocket in their hand...and ya know she's almost right LOL!!!

Next up, the Stinger by Squirrel Works. Very cool little rocket designed by the secret squirrel himself (I'm sure).

Stinger_4.jpg

Now we are back to some of the original rockets we worked on. They were all by Estes as I didn't know that all the other makers even existed.

So to start, my Estes Comanche.

Comanche.jpg

My son's Estes Express. This was the very first rocket we painted to match the card and applied all the stickers. Prior to this they where all just painted bright, bright orange.

Express.jpg

Just for reference here is what our "fleet" looked like last May when we had just started this...

Rockets.jpg

that's a great fleet and they look well finished as well. you'll love the birdie, its a great rocket to launch first thing to get an idea of how the winds are behaving. have fun flying

Your fleet looks great!
I second that motion on the Birdie!
Always my first flight of the day.

p.s. (Three more interesting things are on the way from Odd'l Rockets!)

p.s. (Three more interesting things are on the way from Odd'l Rockets!)

Like maybe a Birdie upscale? :y:

product5.jpg

or

51SGq5aFuLL._AA280_.jpg

Last edited:
That must have been where I saw that before. I knew I had seen some bigger Birdie rockets.

This one is the Screamin' Green Meenie from Pemberton Technologies. It took me a long time to decide how I wanted to paint this one (and it still isn't finished). I decided on the yellow into green design, which I like, but still have to get it right.

oooohhhh...
aaahhhhhh...

Excellent work.

Boy, hints are a tough thing.
I don't want to post too much yet. In doing odd-ball kits, just about the time you think you've got it nailed, you get thrown a curve. I won't release anything until I know it's right. 3FNC rockets would almost be a walk in the park after working on these!
Suffice to say the three newest products will be new, original and different- two rockets and a "needed" accessory.

I don't suppose the "needed accessory" is an outdoor air conditioner for South Texas launches?

This would be a good idea for us Floridians as well.

Oh speeking of O'ddl Rockets accessories. My Raise spring has a new function! LLRI. Lost Launch Rod Identification. I went out to the park this weekend to launch a few (pics elsewhere) and couldn't find my rod anywhere in the normal spots (car, garage, office). I had a spare brass one and took that instead. When I got to the park, I was unloading the stuff when I saw something odd in the parking space next to us. A long thin rusty rod. I picked it up and sure enough it had a Raise spring on it! My rod! It had waited in the parking lot for me for at least what, a month? Without the Raise, i would have never known for sure that this was my launch rod. Now if it could only help me find my Comanche or my Stormcaster or any of the other dozen rockets that are lost forever somewhere in that park.

JAL3 quote:
I don't suppose the "needed accessory" is an outdoor air conditioner for South Texas launches?
No, but I need to work on an outdoor heater for Florida launches.
Dragon Rider 10 quote:
LLRI. Lost Launch Rod Identification.
Gee, I'll guess have to add the "LLRI" acronym to the RAISE features on the Odd'l Rockets website.
You'd think with that valuable accessory just laying there in the parking lot, somebody would have picked it up.

Back