Sources of C11-0 Motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredT

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does any one know of a current source for C11-0 Estes motors?

My usual on-line sources (A2Z & HobbyLinc) don't list them in their on-line catelog.

I hope this is not another great Estes product that company management decides to discontinue.

...Fred

I have 1 pack left, and I should be getting more in by the end of next week with my next stock order. Don't know if one pack will help you right now though:rolleyes: They don't sell real well, but I try to keep a few of them.

https://www.ehobbies.com/rk-est-1621.html

Too bad you didn't ask a week ago. They had a free shipping special.

Of course, I can just drive over there and pick them up for my own use, since they are "on my way home".

Folks around here seem to use them. Great in CC Express or other 2-stage 24mm flights that you actually want to get back. Also great in the Comanche 3 (C11-0/B6-0/A6-4) if you want it back.

Good luck.

Originally posted by FredT
Does any one know of a current source for C11-0 Estes motors?

My usual on-line sources (A2Z & HobbyLinc) don't list them in their on-line catelog.

I hope this is not another great Estes product that company management decides to discontinue.

...Fred

Originally posted by shreadvector
https://www.ehobbies.com/rk-est-1621.html

Too bad you didn't ask a week ago. They had a free shipping special.

Of course, I can just drive over there and pick them up for my own use, since they are "on my way home".

Folks around here seem to use them. Great in CC Express or other 2-stage 24mm flights that you actually want to get back. Also great in the Comanche 3 (C11-0/B6-0/A6-4) if you want it back.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. If by magic C11-0's are now listed on HobbyLinc. Along with other 24mm motors on my shopping list, their price (with shipping) is a few dollars less than eHobby.

I've used C11-0 in my Comanche. I also modified an EchoStar to use 24mm booster. The C11 gets the stack off the rod straight and fast; another key to getting it back.

...Fred

I recently got some C11-0's from The Rocket Garden for exclusive use in a Commanche 3. I figure its the only way to go all three stages with any hope of getting it back in my area.

www.therocketgarden.com

I think the price was comparable to other remaining sources, but I was more focused on getting some now before they're gone.

-Kitch

"remaining sources" ?

"before they're gone"??

Are you still incorrectly assuming that they are not a current product?

Originally posted by Kitch
I recently got some C11-0's from The Rocket Garden for exclusive use in a Commanche 3. I figure its the only way to go all three stages with any hope of getting it back in my area.

www.therocketgarden.com

I think the price was comparable to other remaining sources, but I was more focused on getting some now before they're gone.

-Kitch

Fred,

I believe so. When I was looking for them, I got the distinct impression that the C11-0's are being discontinued. Can anyone else verify this?

-Kitch

1-800-525-7561

Call.

Ask.

Do not ASSume. Just because a retailer does not carry something, it DOES NOT mean the manufacturer has stopped making the item forever.

Originally posted by Kitch
Fred,

I believe so. When I was looking for them, I got the distinct impression that the C11-0's are being discontinued. Can anyone else verify this?

-Kitch

Fred,

Thanks for the information. I get the impression that I may have struck a nerve with you and that was clearly not my intent.

I called up Estes as you suggested and sure enough, they dropped the C11-0's from the lineup as of last February. They are officially obsolete.

To all: Get 'em while they last!

-Kitch

thanks for the info Kitch, I just ordered 3 packs from ehobbies
(and some microballoons)

and while I'm here, welcome back to the hobby !

Back