What does your screen name mean?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Elapid
some are obvious, but like mine, some not so...

wwell.jpg

I'm still not sure what that means...???

But mine is what's on the back of my truck also...

Well we tend to use callsigns in the USAF alot, and mine has been Conan (based on my last name pronunciation) since the old Clemson ROTC days...

Wow! Neat resurrection from 2004!

Mine is based on my wife's frustration with some aspects of my (Placid, sterling, warm, kind, loving) personality. In particular she has no idea why I like to shoot pointy cardboard tubes up into the sky and watch them return (hopefully...).

She never really uses the term when she's frustrated with my (Placid, sterling, warm, kind, loving) personality. But it's as close as I could get to something approaching rocketry - i.e blast off...

Hope that was one you were waiting for, @hobie1dog!

There's 20 or so people I wish would respond and explain their screen name.
Why not start with your own and then list the ones you would like to have respond here.

BTW - My name is David ( "Dave" ) and I am not a small person ( "easy to see" ) . . . The "Ez2cDave" was inspired by custom license plates on hot rods ( "IDOXLR8", "BYE4NOW", "CUL8TR", etc. ).

Dave F.

Marvin the Martian's Funkworks is where Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works gets all their ideas.

(a pun of course, with the first tech company I remember learning about when building my first model kits)

Last edited:
My middle initial is “T” and friends in the Navy couldn’t figure out what it was, one guessed Tiberius and I laughed which immediately indicated to the group that was it. I picked it here as an homage to James Tiberius Kirk who is based on (British) Capt. James Cook… thinking my L3 rocket will be called “Endeavor”.

some are obvious, but like mine, some not so...

wwell.jpg

Before I got back into rocketry, my hobby was designing / building Hot Rods. My last one was based on a 1927 Ford Roadster Pickup, built in the style that the guys coming back from WWII built to race on dry lake beds in California and Utah.

These cars were known as "Lakes Roadsters".

200203DSCF0173.jpg 2009_10180026_zps3166a719.jpg 000_0042.jpg Motor.jpg 000_0033.jpg 1927 RPU Suspension.jpg

Why not start with your own and then list the ones you would like to have respond here.

BTW - My name is David ( "Dave" ) and I am not a small person ( "easy to see" ) . . . The "Ez2cDave" was inspired by custom license plates on hot rods ( "IDOXLR8", "BYE4NOW", "CUL8TR", etc. ).

Dave F.
Hobie was my chocolate Labrador retriever of 14 wonderful years and was my #1 dog of my life.
YyDiNM5.jpg

Latest posts

Back