Your favorite non-mainstream low-powered rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fliskits Praetor. There's just something that I really enjoy about this rocket.

Here's mine :

Originally posted by cmmeyers
Fliskits Praetor. There's just something that I really enjoy about this rocket.

Here's mine :

The FlisKits' Praetor is truly one of the most underrated rockets on the market today. There is nothing that looks like it & it always turns in an excellent flight.

BTW, nice paint scheme! Much like the DW!, it is a wonderful "blank canvas" for the creative minds of folks here on TRF.

Pardon the not-so-good pic but here's one of mine...

Even though I don't have any of these yet (because the half price sale of Estes and Quest at HobLob have been keeping me pretty busy (and my pockets empty))...

And if I can ever get the club order finalized...

I'm getting the Fliskit...

...Dueces Wild...

It's rocks with those dual smoke trails.

I'm also getting the Corona, Cheeta and Overdrive.

Jim really does have a very keen eye for design!

and his prices are right and quality (so I've read) is excellent.

I wonder how soon before he will be considered mainstream.

Baby steps... first direct sales, then the hobby shops, then HobLob...:D

Originally posted by lalligood
The FlisKits' Praetor is truly one of the most underrated rockets on the market today. There is nothing that looks like it & it always turns in an excellent flight.

BTW, nice paint scheme! Much like the DW!, it is a wonderful "blank canvas" for the creative minds of folks here on TRF.

Pardon the not-so-good pic but here's one of mine...

This is SO true. WHat I've noticed is that at launches where I get to fly the Praetor, we start to sell them. What it points out is that I have to make an extra effort to get pictures of these kits with someone holding them. They need to *see* the kit size to really appreciate it....

It is one of my all time favorites, 'specially in the air :)

Both of these Praetors have great paint schemes! I love them!

jim

Originally posted by jflis
What it points out is that I have to make an extra effort to get pictures of these kits with someone holding them. They need to *see* the kit size to really appreciate it....

This is my number-one problem with catalogs... I can't tell the scale. Catalog creators seem to assume that all pictures of rockets should be the same size and scales the photos up or down to fit. So a 4" rocket looks the same size as a 40" rocket. Then I get into the store and see how different all the rockets are when they all looked the same in the catalog.

A group photo of a line of rockets helps, so you get an idea of relative scale, but taking the time to shoot the rocket being held by someone would be extremely helpful.

Originally posted by jflis
This is SO true. WHat I've noticed is that at launches where I get to fly the Praetor, we start to sell them. What it points out is that I have to make an extra effort to get pictures of these kits with someone holding them. They need to *see* the kit size to really appreciate it....

It is one of my all time favorites, 'specially in the air :)

Both of these Praetors have great paint schemes! I love them!

jim
so very true the pictures of the kits don't excite me but when I see the rocket it gets into my pocket (the stingray haas possibly the worst picture and I would never have bought it from that shot but to see it wow) now to build the thing. :D

All good input, and matching what I've heard from others. We hear you and will be making changes :)

thanx,
jim

Back