Monthly themes?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scadaman29325

Catching up and tripping all over myself.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas for monthly themes? I'd like some of them to go along with current events; like July's theme could be patriotism...

Here's a list of what I have so far:

Jan:

Feb:

Mar:

April: Easter Eggloft
Easter Colored Eggloft Rockets/Payloads
May:

June:

July: Patriotism
Red, White and Blue Rockets/Payloads

Aug: Night flight
Glow in the Dark or Lighted Rockets/Payloads

Sept:

Oct:

Nov:

Dec: Gift Wrapped
Make your rocket that looks like a Christmas gift

TIA

January: Fly a rocket that has a chance of surviving a frozen parachute and a hard landing on ice-hard ground. (Then again, you live in South Carolina, not so much of an issue for you...)

February: Red and pink rockets for Valentine's Day.

September: Fly all your Fliskits to celebrate their birthday :D

Nov - Jan: Build as many rockets as possible :)

now, I like that :)

In fact, I am going to talk to CMASS to see if they would be interested in helping us celebrate our 2nd anniversary this september. Perhaps invite other clubs/individuals around the world to join us in a sport fly :)

February...

Every guy is required to build and fly a Pink and Red Rocket, celebrating Valentines day. See who has the guts to finish one in those colors.

Carl

Originally posted by jflis
now, I like that :)

In fact, I am going to talk to CMASS to see if they would be interested in helping us celebrate our 2nd anniversary this september. Perhaps invite other clubs/individuals around the world to join us in a sport fly :)

This is a little idea I had whilst reading this thread....
A limited edition FlisKits kit to celebrate your 2nd anniversary , would be nice.
-Karl

October is Halloween, so bat-wing-shaped-fins rockets & pumpkins with a G-motor shoved in them! ;)

October - flying pumpkins!! and other harvest season items - Michael's carries a variety of fake produce (carrots, zucchini, etc.) that will make really fun odd-rocs.

(for building odd-rocs, think about the Estes Death Star - it's just a big nose cone on top of a regular rocket. you could put anything up on top.)

For us Brits:
Nov: Forget rockets, go get some fireworks! :D

Originally posted by CTulanko
February...

Every guy is required to build and fly a Pink and Red Rocket, celebrating Valentines day. See who has the guts to finish one in those colors.

Carl

I heard you were rebuilding the AMRAAM and finishing it in red and pink. :D :p

For June we put the BP away and fly water rockets to commemorate summer.

Originally posted by eugenefl
For June we put the BP away
LOL - "Theres a fine line between a hobby and mental illness", and with sugestions like that you must be well over that line!! :D :p

I don't think I could go a whole month without a BP fix!

Originally posted by scadaman29325
November? or July! :eek: ;) :D
November 5th is Bonfire Night, on the Limey-side of the Atlantic. We celabrate the foiling of the 'Gunpowder Plot'; where a band of terrorists (to use a modern term), lead by a chap called Guy Fawkes, tried blowing up the Houses of Parliment (including King), back in 1605.

Basically, the tradition is: we all go down to the local school field, eat manky hot dogs, and watch ace firework displays. Then go home for a Cup-a-Soup.

Yeah thats about right Dan. But the hot dogs arent mandatory :)

And I dont think I'm gonna be substituting my BP for water. Summer is about the only decent launching weather we get over here and I'm gonna use it for proper rockets! :D

How about December Nosecones based on Christmas Tree Baubles or perhaps tinsle wrapping???

Hey Cyder,

I think scadaman29325 was trying to get you going about 4th July - apparently the sound of the fireworks are "meant to represent the breaking of Readcoat's necks"!

Hey, want to explain to me WHY we still celebrate NOT blowing up Parliament...?

Hey Carl - pink and red, next Valentine's day - I DARE YA !

Damage...

Its 'cuz "they" want to distract us from trying to do it again! :D ;)

I dunno why we still do it... But hey, don't complain. Over here, all rules/laws regarding Night Flights are called off on Nov 5th :D

Originally posted by Damage...
Good point ... theres certainly been a few times I would have gladly blown Parliment up, especially during Maggie's reign. I'll be lighting some fireworks the day she pops her clogs! :D (which isn't going to be that long - her godson's wife is in my Amature Dramatics group, and apparently Maggie is 'a little ill' :D :D :D )

As for monthly themes :-

April - April showers. Launch enourmous swarms of Mosquitoes, Quarks and that, and let them shower down on you.

July - Haile Selassie's birthday. Loads of Red, Gold and Green rockets, launched to the sound of reggae coming over the PA.

Spending time thinking of possible monthly themes, ya might be a rocket maniac! ;)

my birthday is Guy Fawkes' Day. last year I was in Christchurch, New Zealand, where the good citizens had arranged some awesome fireworks.

Jan: Frozen Fingers Fly-offs (Any Winter activetry rocket )

Feb: Valentines day vehicles (Hearts & Flowers rockets-anything pink;)

March: Faith & Beglory! St Patricks day!! Shamrocks, gnomes, Lep's. Anything Green;)

April: Easter stuff: Flyin bunnies, Egg's of all size, Baskets, bonnets, etc.

May: usually ECRM month but we oft times have Armed Forces Day tribute, flying lots of aircraft and Missiles models.

June and July: Flag day in june and the 4th of July:
Stars and Bars salutes to the Grand ol'e Flag, fly all those RED, White & Blues!

August: Summer Fun: Beach toy and Water sports flying time! with a squirt gun soaking game of some kind...

September: Back to School! Sky Writing! flhying writing impliments. I mentioned this for May earlier... wasn't thinking..

October: Octoberfest! V-2 day fly all those german scale models, V-2 to London Spot landing.. Its a blast:D
also combine with Halloween Odd-rocs for additional fun.

Nov: Loads of Ideas for this month, Veteran's Day Salutes, Election and Bill of Rights day could lead to some interestion rockets... and of coarse Thanksgiving theme..Flying Turkey, pilgrams, pumpkins, Corn.. Fly'in food is alway fun!

December: Christmas Hanukkah etc. Flying all kinds of stuff
you mentioned wrapping your rocket in holiday wrap. why not fly a stack. see pic.

I THink I will be flying a rocket that will have the rememberance of Sept 11 Im working on one now

Nope! I refuse to give in to that trap bowhunter!
I don't fly anything special on Dec.4th, I'm not gonna give those thugs another minute unless I can personally take one out! I'll keep the rememberance of our dead in my heart and mind carring the fight to them anyway I can.

MAY could be "make your rocket look like a Merc-Redstone" month to commemorate the first american to sub-orbit in space.

Funny thing, the very next day, I was born.

Coincidence?

CTimm

Back