How many times do you cut yourself?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think will be this years TARC cutoff point?

• 10 points or less

• 10.01 to 15

• 15.01 to 20

• 20.01 or greater

• I just want to see the results of the poll

• 10 points or less

• 10.01 to 15

• 15.01 to 20

• 20.01 or greater

• I just want to see the results of the poll

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, matter of fact ive got a nasty slit in my leg from an exacto knife jab to the leg healing right now... All butteflied up and everything, and now virtually painless. Just as I wrote that my stupid 16 pound cat jumped onto my lap...:eek: :kill:

The only other one was a slit in the thumb, but that only took off the top layer of skin. This ones worse. I should have gone in for stitches, but my parents managed to fix it up with a Butterfly and a bit of gauze. man it hurt when they were changing the bandgages from the incorrect ones to the right ones...:kill:

I have never had a broken bone, 2d degree burn, or any major cut in my life, so I was in mega-big-time-shock-mode. I just about threw up, and I certainly coulend walk. I couldent even stand up. Fortunately this happend after I alerted my mom of the crisis... Woulda been bad news if it hadnet waited 10 minutes after the jab...

Whoever said that you always get cut on the last bit of the project is DEAD RIGHT!!! i was on the last stinkin slot that needed to be enlarge, and whaddaya know... Slip...crud... YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it had hit an inch or more to the right, I would have severd an artery and bled to death. So I guess im pretty lucky to be sitting here writing this....:eek:

I've decided not to let my wife see this thread... she's enough of a worrier that if she even thought I could do as much damage to myself as some of y'all have, I'd soon be shopping for a new hobby!:eek:

WW

LOL! Youd better not let her read it after writing *THAT*!!!!!!!!:D ;) :p :eek:

I shudder to think of the result...

You might be shopping for a new couch to sleep on for the next few weeks as well as a new hobby!:D ;) :p

Originally posted by Gus
Gus's Rule #1: Never use anything sharper than your own mind.

Aw C'mon Gus!
That would limit me to marbles and basketballs:D :cool: :D
Bob

Of course, since posting that I can't remember the last time I cut myself modeling, I _have_ cut myself. :( Stuck an xacto under the edge of my thumbnail.

If any of you use the Hobbly Lobby knives, you know what I'm talking about. This isn't a bad cut, but Neil's post reminded me of it.

Those annotying HL blades always peirce the back of the container, the big #11 blade no exception. I point the container at my chest, blade tip end first, try to get the blade into the slot, slip, get a blade stuck in my chest about an inch from my heart.

It was only in about a millimeter, still, i was scared.

As soon as I find my camera, I will post a picture of my hand, with the wounds still healing from my last build (an Estes Yankee). That was built about a month ago and there are roughly 15 minor cuts on my left hand from a scalpel I was using! :eek:

I've cut myself more than a few times. Heck, I've even stepped on exacto blades before. Now that was EXTREMELY painful!!!

Sometimes I can't believe that I haven't bled to death yet:D

Twice this month I have hacked off a good chunk of skin with a rotary cutter.

First time was cutting pizza with a pizza wheel...that one went to the bone on my right thumb and left dinner un-eatable. Still healing.

Just today was using a fiskars 45mm rotary cutter and decided that I didn't need a chunk of skin on the SAME right thumb, more near the nail. Bled all over like a stuck pig. (Sorry Eugene for the stains on your chute :p j/k)

And I have superglued myself to many things, most notably my left ear to my cell phone. I was using a #11 blade to cut the tip off a new bottle about a month ago and for some reason had the bottle upside down. Well, once the knife cut through the bottle the little bit of pressure squirted CA everywhere. I cleaned it up not knowing it had hit my phone. (Luckily missed the keys) Fiance then called and I picked up and put it to my ear. Talked for a couple minutes and then attempted to put the phone down. Really tried to take my ear off. I then had to find a mirror and peel it off. I lost almost all the skin around the edge of my left ear. That hurt and bled a lot. Still recovering.

Edward

ive had more near death cuts with a rotozip than actual cuts...

normally when i build rockets i dont cut myself... i end up burning myself more often (comes with the whole pyro mood)

every time i open my computer case whether its to clean it or to mod it i always get bloody...

most recent would be me looking around for a box cutter blade for fin cutting and having my foot find it.

Back