Thread: fleet pic

Cool fleet pic

left to right: fliskits deuces wild,estes yankee, estes maxi alpha 3-with only one body tube( i just think it looks better this way), estes comet, estes alpha, estes astrocam, estes fat boy, 2 quest big bettys, home-built estes der red max clone, laying in front an estes bull-pup modified to my liking and an estes gnome being held by my daughter.

Unhappy attatchment didnt take

here ya go

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rockcol2.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	194212  

Wink works in progress

most of my rockets still need paint as you can see!

looking good though. Heck, they *already* look better than most of mine LOL

Looks good. No fleet would be complete without a Duece's Wild and a Red Max....

John

Question

Is that an old school BT55 Comet? Kinda looks like it but I can't tell for sure..

Thumbs up old skool comet

Yup, it sure is . I built it in 1984 and originally painted the whole thing red. It had little white star decals all over the nose cone, the cheap rubber shock-cord and the L shaped motor retainer. This is my oldest surviving and still flying rocket. I swear I've flown her at least 50 times or more-ol' reliable. I was fly'n her a couple of years ago when the cheap rubber shock cord gave out and the comet came plummeting down w/o a chute! Luckily the rocket came down horizontally as if it were laying down. This really slowed its descent and it landed in tall grass with no damage! So I fixed her up with some extra long sewing elastic and updated the paint job with a neon yellow/black fade paint job. I renamed her the Bumblebee, which I put on the side in small black letters. Good eye, btw.

Thumbs up

Sweet, don't lose that Comet!

I always liked that size rocket, small enough to get up there on C motors, but not so small you lose sight of it.
    That NC is classic, my favorite design. Some really cool rockets based on that NC/BT55 combo- Vigilante, Blue Bird Zero, Goblin, etc..

Growing up we use to drag race my Blue Bird against my friend's Comet, I always lost, but it was a lot of fun!

Austin Guest
    Great fleet man...now is the time to hit Hobby Lobby for more kits at half the price....gotta keep building!

Once again, nice...

Carl