They *do* exist

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewEntity1

Reaction score
I've been too busy over the last 3 days to do any rocket building...however I did stop by Hobby Town on my way back from work the other day.

Guess what they had on the shelf...A package of Econojet F21s!
:cool:

Needless to say, I snatched them up imediately, even though I haven't built a rocket yet that can use 'em. I figured that when I eventually do need them, I wouldn't be able to find any for sale, so I had better buy the package while it was still around.

yes they do, the hobby shop near my house has a pack of them

If you've got a big flying field, you can put your Big Daddy up on one. Let it hang out the back of the mmt, tape it on good, and check your CG, add a bit of nose weight if necessary. My favorite rocket to fly on the F21's, is my 24mm Fat Boy.

Nah...gonna save the F21s for my Executioner, once I build it :cool:

My 'spare parts' from Hobbylink are supposed to arrive this evening, which includes one of the Estes D-E assorted mount kits.
I'm going to take the Bt50-80 centering ring that came in the kit and add it to the Executioner, for extra strength. I'll be starting on the Exec this Saturday :)

Originally, I had planned to used Loc plywood centering rings. However, the local hobby shop was all out of Loc parts, and I don't want to wait another week for another order to arrive before a start work on the Executioner...its already been delayed while I finish other projects :D. However, with an extra Estes centering ring, and all-epoxy construction, I think the Executioner should be strong enough to hold up to an F21 :)

wow, I must be lucky! :)
at our launch field in wisconsin, we usually have two dealers: Al's hobby shop and Red Arrow hobbies. Even during these hard times, motors have been relatively plentiful. Our dealers usually have boxloads of econojets (I have about 20 f20's, 5 G25's and maybe one F21 myself). Even reloads like the G64 are easy to find! G80's.....well....thats a different story!

Originally posted by solrules
wow, I must be lucky! :)
at our launch field in wisconsin, we usually have two dealers: Al's hobby shop and Red Arrow hobbies. ...
This message is posted at Al's Hobby website...
"Effective immediately and until further notice, Al's Hobby Shop will no longer be attending any rocket launches."
Solrules, I take it your launch site is Bong?

yeah.....I saw that. It looks pretty bad, but I hope they will get back in the rocketry business. I guess ill have to survive on MPR motors from Red Arrow.

Back