New lathe

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket trike

Reaction score
I just got back from Menards and look what my wife let me get.
It is a 12" lathe with a 8" swing. The speed is 750 to 3200 RPM. It looks like a good made lathe. Cast iron bottom and metal parts no plastic other then the on and off switch. I thought that is was a good deal for $99.00 But they Had a sale that you bought a tote for $2.99 and you get 20.04% off. They ussally do not let you get power tools but this time they did so I ended up getting it for $79.99 so I could not pass it up.

Very Nice. post some more pics when you start a project...speaking of which...what will be your first project?

Were there any accessories . . . Like lathe tools or a face plate?
What's next?

Ryan here is a nose cone that I turned for a desinged I am working on.

Flying I will use it to trun my nose cones for my kits. Which my next kit will be the BLINK FAMILY.

ibeblip It comes with a large and small faceplate. I will need to go to sears and get a chuck for turning my nose cones.

awesome. looks great I have a lathe in my basement that is about 5 ft long. I dont know why I haven't gotten it running. Now I am getting a metal lathe....I dont know what I am gonna do with that :eek:

:D :D

Originally posted by rocket trike

Flying I will use it to trun my nose cones for my kits. Which my next kit will be the BLINK FAMILY.

ibeblip It comes with a large and small faceplate. I will need to go to sears and get a chuck for turning my nose cones.

Very cool. When you set it up for turning some cones, take some pics!

Back