help---newbie here >.<

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum!

For something small like that (A-C motors) you should be fine with an Estes porta pad.

Get either an Estes or Quest Starter Kit!

Estes starter kits are available at WalMart for around $20. Has a ready to fly rocket, pad and controller.

Quest starter kits can be found at Hobby Lobby for around $25. Essentially the same as Walmart, but HL does occasionally run a 1/2 off sale on all things rockets. Nice deals to be had!

Welcome to the forum!!!!

Welcome to the forum:)
and to a great hobby, WARNING Rocketry is ADDICTIVE!!!!!:D:D

Originally posted by Count Ze|2o
what launch pad do i need to buy and where can i get it?

Hello and welcome!

You may also want to check out your local Michael's MJ Design store. They usually run a coupon in the Sunday paper for 40% off (occasionally, for 50% off) any single item. They stock rocket kits, motors, and starter kits. The 40% off deal brings down the cost of a starter kit (launch pad, ignition system, model rocket, two motors) to around $10-12 which pretty darn hard to beat.

Once you get started at rocketry, please don't get bored with the silly plastic things that Estes sells these days. Keep going. There are some excellent quality kits available from Fliskits, TRF's own 'Flying Silverado' and several others. All you have to do is ask for a recommendation.

You have found a website full of pretty great folks who would love to answer your questions. Don't be bashful, there is always someone who knows an answer.

powder ,
just a side note..
not all Michaels carry rocketry items .it's on a store to store basis
sadly none of them around here do
as they let me know in my little email from them,it's up to the manager.

Or, you can get a block of hardwood (12x12x3" works for me), drill a 1/8" hole in it (or if you want to use bigger rockets a 3/16) and stick a 1/8 (or 3/16") x36" long stainless steel rod in it (which you can pick up at your local hardware or hobby shop). If you need to launch a bigger rocket than the pad can hold, either make a slightly larger one or add weights to t he smaller one.

Good Luck!:)
-David

Back