WOOOHOOO!!! 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fore Check

Reaction score
Well, I don't get to make it to Hobby Lobby very often. Here in Texas, the ones I can relatively easily drive to are closed on Sundays, which is usually the day I get to shop.

Anyway, so I get to Hobby Lobby and they're having the 1/2 price rocket stuff. Neat! So a grab four kits and the two packs of D engines (which is what I really went there for in the first place) and go to check out.

Well, the checkout girl gave me half price on the engines too! So I said "really.................." and went back for more.

I ended up leaving with 4 x D12-5, 2 x E9-6, 2 x C11-5, 2 x C6-5, 2 x A3-4T, 3 x A10-3T, 3 packs of iginiters, two packs of wadding, and their Porta Pad "E" with the 1/4" rod and got the whole shootin' match for 1/2 price!! I would have bought more D12-5's but I cleaned them out, and I would have taken some D12-7's but they didn't have any.

The kits, well, nothing special there. Something to make with my young boys. But half price engines?!?!?!?!?!? Gotta love that! :cool:

Glad to hear you scored such a great price on motors! Now it will be interesting to see if they re-stock, or if they act like they are discontinuing their rocket stocks.

Just to save me a wasted trip, in case I go shopping, did you go to the North Richland Hills store or the one on South Hulen?

At the NRH store on one of the last sales, I had a handful of Estes Mosquitos as part of my stuff, and the girl at the checkout register started ringing them up at full price (during a half-price sale). I asked her about what she was doing and she said "Engines aren't on sale" (she thought the little bitty Mosquito package contained motors). I had to spend several minutes explaining what the Mosquito was, almost ripped open one of the bags there in the checkout lane to show her all the teeny pieces, and asked one of the other store employees to fetch a real package of motors to show her. She was looking at me the whole time like I was trying to sell some kind of elixer, or ocean-front property in Montana. I finally conviced her, but the experience taught me:

They're not too bright in HobLob.

I was in Denton, and the sale ends today according to the sign.

Regarding the "brightness" of the cashier: My wife always tells me, "You don't earn a job in retail by being a card-carrying member of MENSA."

Glad you found some good bargains!! I think this is the first time in a couple of years I've skipped the sale and not bought anything.

I actually let it slip away, and then my wife called me from her cell phone yesterday, and said "did you know..."

...anyways, she read of a full line of rockets and ended up bringing me home a Screamin Mimi, a Quest Apollo, and the re-released C??? sized Patriot...My wife is so cool.

Johnnie Paul

I had to pick up that Quest Nike Smoke. I can't think of any other Nike Smoke available on a-c power. Too bad it's plastic fins, though.......

Back