"Appliance" paint?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Just started building my Orbital Transport (re-release), so I thought I'd check out EMRR for any tips. One of the reviewers said he'd used an epoxy-based Appliance paint. I've used something similar - but it was on the deck of a riding lawn mower. Works great for that, but I have to wonder about the weight it would add to a rocket. I imagine stuff that thick would fill any imperfections quite nicely. Might even totally eliminate any need for sanding. But it's gotta weigh a ton, right?

So, has anybody tried it on their models? I kinda think if it was all that great, I'd have seen other mentions here and elsewhere. That review was the only time I'd seen it. Thoughts?

Stephen

I used it on a Nike Smoke once ,It actually worked well..
I don't recall it to be any heavier than enamel paint

I would suggest to keep any paint on the orbital transport glider to a mininum..It needs be lightweight

I've used it a bit on a few models.

It's available in a "limited" number of colors.

Mainly white black and beige.

It does not like to go over any other paints (I haven't found any that it's compatable with) and it does not like other paints over it either!

It's perfect for a solid color model. I used it on my Astron Interceptor and my, coincidentally, Orbital Transport.

sandman

I doubt it would be any heavier

Now Magnetic paint, that is a different story

Back