What's the story behind your Screen Name?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys think you've found an old enough thread to resurrect?

CherokeeJ... Two guesses, but neither one counts...

I went back to 2003 and started looking around and found this one to see if anyone payed attention to dates. I figured most of the early people were gone by now.

There's no interesting story associated with my screen name, so instead I offer you this cute video of a puppy jumping into a bush:
[video=youtube;MAyB4fL1UKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAyB4fL1UKA[/video]

My last name is Feller. I don't know how it came to me, but RocketFeller seemed cute at the time...

I've worked in aviation all my adult life (USAF; GA FBO; Air Taxi) and am currently doing ground control on the radio. Mine is the Phonetic pronunciation of my initials... TJ. I use the same screen name on almost all of the modeling forums that I belong to so I'm easy to find.

Holy cow. I used to play that game all the time. Lots of good times. What shard?/QUOTE]

I think it was Cascade, it was a long time ago.
We belonged to the T9C, The 9th Circle.
We actually met some other players a couple times, also from michigan.
Met and went to dinner once, and a bunch came over to the wife's maternity party.
We both had 2 account, castle, big brick (woody's workshop), 2 story and a small house.
We ended up selling the accounts. Got over $3000 for them.
Can't imagine anyone wanting to pay that much for something that doesn't exist physically.
We pretty much did it all. I had a treasure hunter, wife had a tamer, we use to fish for maps, both were archers.
Woody was my favorite. He could make anything.
I started a character that wife could take over. Cook, alchemist, poisoner, made scrolls and books.
Her favorite was the tamer. She just loved sending her dragons on balrons.

I'm like a lot of you guys in that I use my same screen name for almost every forum I'm on, as well as my email address.

My last name is Mulligan. When I was a kid, my friend's older brother shortened it up and called me "Muggins" which was quickly shortened to "Mugs" and then inevitably to "Mugsey". It stuck, and it remains my nick name to this day. I would say that about half (or more) of the folks I know call me Mugs or Mugsey.

The 914 bit is in reference to the old Porsche 914. It has always been one of my favorite cars and still is. I have three of them; one street driven that has a 3 liter six cyl, one race car with a 3.3 turbo and another race car that runs with a four cyl. Fun little things. Kind of like a go-kart with lights and a roof...

Street car below. Still finishing front fiberglass work, then paint. May take a while; I'm the shop owner, so it only gets worked on when everything else is done. (Which is never...):sigh:

IMG_20161205_120507.jpg

Mugs

The 914 bit is in reference to the old Porsche 914. It has always been one of my favorite cars and still is. I have three of them; one street driven that has a 3 liter six cyl, one race car with a 3.3 turbo and another race car that runs with a four cyl. Fun little things. Kind of like a go-kart with lights and a roof...

Street car below. Still finishing front fiberglass work, then paint. May take a while; I'm the shop owner, so it only gets worked on when everything else is done. (Which is never...):sigh:

View attachment 306867

Mugs

Darn, if that's the street car, what does the race car look like? You have to share a picture of it with us.

BuiltFromTrash

I scratch build! Glad wrap tubes are my favorite though I have also used: Toilet paper tubes, wrapping paper tubes, foil tubes, you name it! Build my own nosecones, parachutes, rolled body tubes, on and on....

Really cheap lpr rockets, mpr rockets start needing actual parts... I do build kits, they account for about 10-15% of my builds though.

Side note: World Of Tanks anyone?

Edit: Just look at my avatar!!!

Does this take the record for the oldest thread resurrected back into use?

Became a BAR around 2003 and was working on the USAF F-117A (aka Stealth Fighter), so on Rocketry Planet I became "Stealthfixr". When I joined TRF later, I was working on the F-16 again...so Viperfixr. Then later on I went back to Low Observable platforms+, but Viperfixr stuck here.

Viperfixr - Were you ever in Holloman around 1997? We spent a week with the B-2's while the F-117's were still active there.

no no no go on... hell my nickname is puffer (YES I HAVE ASTMAH... NO I CANT SPELL IT) :D

Reminds me of a 'Toy Dolls' song (UK Punk band from the 80's. and they're still touring!)

I've got asthma

I've got asthma and I can not breath
can't breath at all!
I've got an inhaler with me
I am choking and my face is blue
blue and it's getting worse!
I think I will have to lie down... coz
CHORUS:
I've got ASTHMA yeah I've got ASTHMA
yeah I've got ASTHMA...
I've got asthma and I am wheezing
wheezing like mad!
I don't think I will sleep tonight
I think I'll reach for my inhaler
Good idea!
I hope it makes me feel better... coz
CHORUS
My inhaler needs a refill
what shall I do?
the Chemist is not open yet
blue face, can't breath and I'm still wheezing
dear me! dear me!
I just do not know what to do... coz
CHORUS

I used to be a rave dj, and my nickname is related to the name I used to dj under. Also, online I tend to have very anonymous, generic sounding names, so it can't be linked to my personal/professional persona.

In the old days of the text Internet, I was on alt.comics.batman, and all of the contributors picked a Batman character to be, that they felt they most looked like or could relate to.

I'm short, pot-bellied and mischievous, so I picked Bat-mite. Been with me for over 20 years.

VCP - remember the rocket design program that was popular in the '90's? There were a dozen or more center-of-pressure calculator programs at the time, but they all had one distinct flaw; none would show a diagram of the rocket being entered, so they were highly prone to data entry error. So at the time I was playing with VB6, and VCP was essentially the first program I wrote in it.

Now, some have assumed that VCP stood for Visual Center of Pressure which I suppose is the default name, but I never called it that. At the time I was designing a processor board that used a transputer chip. One of the features of that chip was a Virtual Command Processor. VCP has a ring to it, so that's what I used.

VCP - remember the rocket design program that was popular in the '90's? There were a dozen or more center-of-pressure calculator programs at the time, but they all had one distinct flaw; none would show a diagram of the rocket being entered, so they were highly prone to data entry error. So at the time I was playing with VB6, and VCP was essentially the first program I wrote in it.

Now, some have assumed that VCP stood for Visual Center of Pressure which I suppose is the default name, but I never called it that. At the time I was designing a processor board that used a transputer chip. One of the features of that chip was a Virtual Command Processor. VCP has a ring to it, so that's what I used.

Yup, I assumed that it was Visual Center of Pressure. Now I know the rest of the story. :cool:

Back