"E" Cluster

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zak Orion

Reaction score
Finally got a pic of my scratch built "E" Cluster launching and I figured I would post it here. It is launching on 3-E9-6's. Now that my club has finally secured a larger launch field, Rockfest and Countryfest grounds in Cadot Wisconsin if anyone knows where that is, I am hoping to launch the rocket on 3-F's

very nice!!...the E9's make for a nice visable long burn too!

Sweet, man! Gotta love the long burn of the E9's...definately their plus. Great shot. Great cluster.

I agre e-9's are great especially for clustering. The only thing I don't like about the photo is that you see the back of the rocket. So I have decided to post of pic of the front. Please excuse the paint job, I was rather drug induced at the time(nothing illegal just some vicadin and novacane).

E9's are --good-- motors in general. Not enough oomph, but a good motor...

E9 Clusters are the BEST! :D

Long burn, nice boost (but not too hard). In large cluster birds they produce nice majestic liftoffs! I love 'em for clusters! Just wish we could get them cheaper!

I'm thinking about a cluster of four E9's for my Saturn V. Seems like it would give a nice slow liftoff since there would have to be a fair amount of nose weight to counterbalance it. Would cost about 20 bucks a shot, but what a show!

E9s are a bit pricy but I love them. My eliminator flies best with an E9 in it. For a long straight flight :D

Back